Monitor display is dark, particularly pictures. Nothing has changed.
Checked monitor settings and is set to brightest. Checked resolution. Where
else can the problem be? Thanks.

Hi,

Same thing happen in Safe mode? If so, the monitor may be dying.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

In news:Y0m2e.9052$vd.3949@tornado.tampabay.rr.com,
Donna V <dvonderau@swfla.rr.com> typed:

> Monitor display is dark, particularly pictures. Nothing has
> changed.
> Checked monitor settings and is set to brightest. Checked
> resolution. Where else can the problem be? Thanks.

Sounds like an aging, failing monitor, not a Windows problem.

Please reply to the newsgroup

i would first make sure you have your video drivers up to
date, before trashing your monitor.

Try the monitor on another computer to ensure it is not your video adaptor.

In news:0fac01c534e1$213f9c30$a501280a@phx.gbl,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> i would first make sure you have your video drivers up to
> date, before trashing your monitor.

It certainly doesn't hurt to do as you suggest, but note that
Donna says "Nothing has changed," which strongly suggests that
this is a recent problem. If it were a video driver problem, it
would be unlikely to have suddenly started.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

The video card can also have a problem that will cause this symptom.

In news:%23dcRXjJPFHA.2444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Chuck <nospm@msn.com> typed:

> The video card can also have a problem that will cause this
> symptom.

Perhaps, but I personally think the monitor is much more likely
to fail gradually in this way than the video card.