Brisbane X2 3600 Pin Mod help!

TSIMonster

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
I am working on getting the perfect overclock fro my x2 3600+

Right now it is sitting at 2.5Ghz on stock volts. This thing is just screaming for more push.

The problem is that my motherboard does not allow for vCore increases. Not sure why, it has EVERYThing else.

Anyway, it is at 1.325 right now. I think if I can get it to 1.35 or even 1.4 I may be able to get this thing to at least 2.9Ghz

Temps are great currently. Basically I am looking for a non-permanent pin mod to increase the voltage.

Any help is appreciated.

TSIMonster

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
Well, does anyone know a way to up the vCore on an AM2 socket?

I guess I should say Pin Mod..... like we use to do on old Socket As and such

TSIMonster

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
That's why you shouldn't have purchased an ASRock motherboard.

lol, well, its a great motherboard other then that. I was searching the ASRock website for an answer and I think I have found one.

In my manual it didn't even mention vCore adjustments. But apparently a new bios version was released the other day that allows for adjustments up to 1.55

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
That's why you shouldn't have purchased an ASRock motherboard.

lol, well, its a great motherboard other then that. I was searching the ASRock website for an answer and I think I have found one.

In my manual it didn't even mention vCore adjustments. But apparently a new bios version was released the other day that allows for adjustments up to 1.55Problem solved then. :)

TSIMonster

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
I know. I got it to post at 2.9Ghz on stock volts..... I got excited when the XP Splash screen popped up..... but then :( lol

These things run a lot cooler then I thought they would. When I get home I'll get a CPU-Z screenie and some actual temps for you guys.

TSIMonster

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
Problem solved then. :)

Hope so... I guess we will see when I get home. It is on stock cooling, so I am sure temps will really start to rise once the voltage is upped. I just up my PSU is hope to the task..... 8) (450 watt FSP, just fyi)

ajfink

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
I know. I got it to post at 2.9Ghz on stock volts..... I got excited when the XP Splash screen popped up..... but then :( lol

These things run a lot cooler then I thought they would. When I get home I'll get a CPU-X screenie and some actual temps for you guys.

Dude, drop an extra few hundredths of a volt or maybe a tad more and have that sucker chugging at 2.9, should go no problem.

TSIMonster

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
I hit a wall @2.8 with 1.4v on my 3600+. I tried going higher but got nowhere so I put it back to 1.4v and left it alone.

Just curious, are you on stock cooling?

I manged to get to just above 2.6Ghz stable at 1.33vCore. Mine idle temp is currently 35 degrees. I tried going to 1.35 to get it higher, but I haven't had any luck yet. I'm not sure if the CPU is holding me back(maybe it needs more juice), my PSU, RAM, or my motherboard.

TSIMonster

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
This is my first ASRock board, and actually, I am VERY impressed.
The RAM is currently at 710Mhz with 44412 timings @ 1.9 vDIMM

It seems stable at that. I'll try raising the volts and lowering the speed to see if I can go higher.

corvetteguy

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
This is my first ASRock board, and actually, I am VERY impressed.
The RAM is currently at 710Mhz with 44412 timings @ 1.9 vDIMM

It seems stable at that. I'll try raising the volts and lowering the speed to see if I can go higher.

Why is the RAM at 710? Its should be at last 800, mine is at 1100 with those timing lol 8)

corvetteguy

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
Dewd, we have like the same systems, we both have crosshairs, 90nm amd x2s, zalman 9500s (which I seriously hope to throw in the trash one day), and I admire the teem extreme memory, they are a brand that are overlooked a lot that actually consistantly put in high quality ICs that get very high oc for the price :D

Got an 8800GTS 640mb by chance?? :p 8)

jagmuss

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
here
http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?http://www.ocinside.de/html/workshop/am2pinmod/amd_socket_am2_pinmod.html

This shows how to pinmod the cpu to get higher voltages, whether it works or not, I don't know since I haven't tried it, but you might as well give it a shot, as I remember seeing this thing ages ago and it seems to be pretty good

Just a note on using these pinmods...
I took a Barton 2500+ up to 2400 MHz (3000+ level) using a 12x multiplier, 200 FSB, and slight voltage mods. No additional cooling and runs great. Had to use the pin mod because my motherboard absolutely sucks...with almost no overclocking options at all.
In other words...this guide looks great and worked for me.

TSIMonster

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
Well, I tried setting the divider at 333, but the system would not boot into windows. That was with the timings on Auto, however. I am not sure if it is the board or not. The CrossFire chipset doesn't seem to be getting too hot, the CPU and GPU are really cool for stock cooling. I need to mess with it some more though.... I am sure better numbers are in it.

I am just not the one to pay $30 extra for a motherboard for an extra 200 or so processor Mhz. That same $30 could just go towards a factory higher clocked CPU... just the way I think, I guess...

corvetteguy

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
naw, mine's better, 6600gt y'all :tongue: :lol:

OH DAMN! 8O

I guess vid card names are like golf scores, the lower the number the better... And i wnet and spent all that money on the second worst card... good thing i didn't overclock it, that would juts put it further in the hole.

I bow to your 6600 goodness. :p

You may doubt it's me saying this, but for now, I really don't see the real need to upgrade my card to the latest and greatest. The GX2 runs so well that it keeps up with all of my games, and I have yet to ever see it lag. DX10 isn't so much of a draw that I need to get a card that can support it and I frankly don't see the gains necessary to get two cards that won't work in SLI yet.