Questions re: Novell and recent upgrade

I recently upgraded to Windows 2000 professional from
Windows 95.

When my computer boots up, I get a screen that pops up
saying "Novell Client for Windows NT Novell login v4.51."

I can usually bypass this if I'm not connected to the
Internet, but its annoying and I'd rather just have the
computer load Windows 2000.

Do I need to have this screen appear? How can I make it
go away? I wouldn't mind having to enter my own password
to start the computer, I just don't like having the Novell
screen pop up.

I bought a used computer that was surplused from a
college. My guess is that the log-in screen was used at
the college. I'm not connected to any network (other than
a LAN when connected to broadband Internet) and use the
computer as a stand-alone PC.
1 answer Last reply
More about questions novell recent upgrade
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    Hi Eric

    You can remove the NW client by opening the properties of your network
    connection (via Control Panel, Network and Dial Up Connections) clicking
    on Novell Client for Windows and then clicking on Uninstall.

    Regards

    Adam

    Eric wrote:

    > I recently upgraded to Windows 2000 professional from
    > Windows 95.
    >
    > When my computer boots up, I get a screen that pops up
    > saying "Novell Client for Windows NT Novell login v4.51."
    >
    > I can usually bypass this if I'm not connected to the
    > Internet, but its annoying and I'd rather just have the
    > computer load Windows 2000.
    >
    > Do I need to have this screen appear? How can I make it
    > go away? I wouldn't mind having to enter my own password
    > to start the computer, I just don't like having the Novell
    > screen pop up.
    >
    > I bought a used computer that was surplused from a
    > college. My guess is that the log-in screen was used at
    > the college. I'm not connected to any network (other than
    > a LAN when connected to broadband Internet) and use the
    > computer as a stand-alone PC.

Novell Computers Windows