Questions re: Novell and recent upgrade

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
August 8, 2004 10:45:12 PM

I recently upgraded to Windows 2000 professional from
Windows 95.

When my computer boots up, I get a screen that pops up
saying "Novell Client for Windows NT Novell login v4.51."

I can usually bypass this if I'm not connected to the
Internet, but its annoying and I'd rather just have the
computer load Windows 2000.

Do I need to have this screen appear? How can I make it
go away? I wouldn't mind having to enter my own password
to start the computer, I just don't like having the Novell
screen pop up.

I bought a used computer that was surplused from a
college. My guess is that the log-in screen was used at
the college. I'm not connected to any network (other than
a LAN when connected to broadband Internet) and use the
computer as a stand-alone PC.
Anonymous
August 9, 2004 8:04:29 PM

Hi Eric

You can remove the NW client by opening the properties of your network
connection (via Control Panel, Network and Dial Up Connections) clicking
on Novell Client for Windows and then clicking on Uninstall.

Regards

Adam

!