Win 2000 Prof Booting Problem

amit

I had installed win 2000 Professional in a system (comp
Name:sys1) and some softwares too in it. it was working
fine.

then because of some reasons i had to put that sys1's
hardisk to a new system named sys2. there was no hard disk
in sys2 so i placed the sys1 HDD as master and started.

But while doing that, after BIOS loads nothing works.
A black screen appears with a cursor blinking.

What could be the problem (may be hardware drivers because
hardware of both systems are different) ?
How to solve the issue without formatting and reinstalling
because i have a application installed in it.

please help me

MadDog

Distinguished
May 9, 2004