Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Update did not complete success..

Hi Folks,

Not sure WHAT is going on here. We have a user (of course
a VP and co-owner of the company) that is running Office
2000 and I went to Windows Update and downloaded the SR-1
update and when I tried running it I got:

Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Update did not complete
successfully. For assistance contact Microsoft Technical
Support.

See the log file: Office 2000 SR-1 Setup(0005).txt

You can see by the file count that I've attempted this 5
times...

I've searched the MS Knowledgebase with no answer. Did get
a hit on that, 255500 at
us;255500&Product=ofw2k but that has a Cause "This error
message appears if all of the following are true:"

and none of them are true...

I also Googled for an answer for this with not luck.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks !

Chuck
1 answer Last reply
More about microsoft office 2000 update complete success
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    Ask them in office.setup

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Chuck Lewis" wrote:
    | Hi Folks,
    |
    | Not sure WHAT is going on here. We have a user (of course
    | a VP and co-owner of the company) that is running Office
    | 2000 and I went to Windows Update and downloaded the SR-1
    | update and when I tried running it I got:
    |
    | Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Update did not complete
    | successfully. For assistance contact Microsoft Technical
    | Support.
    |
    | See the log file: Office 2000 SR-1 Setup(0005).txt
    |
    | You can see by the file count that I've attempted this 5
    | times...
    |
    | I've searched the MS Knowledgebase with no answer. Did get
    | a hit on that, 255500 at
    | http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
    | us;255500&Product=ofw2k but that has a Cause "This error
    | message appears if all of the following are true:"
    |
    | and none of them are true...
    |
    | I also Googled for an answer for this with not luck.
    | Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks !
    |
    | Chuck

Windows Update Microsoft Office Windows