how to install windows xp without creating a new partition

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 17, 2004 11:04:24 PM

I have a Toshiba Tecra 8000 laptop and the current
windows o/s is 2000pro and I would like to do a clean
install with windowsXPpro but when I do a clean install
or recommended upgrade I cant seem to overwrite the
existing operating system without creating a new
partition. My question is ...How can I overwrite the
existing O/S that I have? and How do I erase a Hard drive
to install a new Windows XP pro.

My email is andrewmartinezitt@msn.com
Anonymous
August 18, 2004 1:34:24 AM

During setup if you don't want to delete/recreate the partition, you can
simply choose to format it. You must boot from the Windows XP CD-Rom.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]