how to install windows xp without creating a new partition

I have a Toshiba Tecra 8000 laptop and the current
windows o/s is 2000pro and I would like to do a clean
install with windowsXPpro but when I do a clean install
or recommended upgrade I cant seem to overwrite the
existing operating system without creating a new
partition. My question is ...How can I overwrite the
existing O/S that I have? and How do I erase a Hard drive
to install a new Windows XP pro.

My email is andrewmartinezitt@msn.com
1 answer Last reply
More about install windows creating partition
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    During setup if you don't want to delete/recreate the partition, you can
    simply choose to format it. You must boot from the Windows XP CD-Rom.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Andrew Martinez" wrote:
    |I have a Toshiba Tecra 8000 laptop and the current
    | windows o/s is 2000pro and I would like to do a clean
    | install with windowsXPpro but when I do a clean install
    | or recommended upgrade I cant seem to overwrite the
    | existing operating system without creating a new
    | partition. My question is ...How can I overwrite the
    | existing O/S that I have? and How do I erase a Hard drive
    | to install a new Windows XP pro.
    |

    | My email is andrewmartinezitt@msn.com

Partition Windows XP Windows