Badges on the show

Whatever happens to Ash's badges after the big tournament? And how has
the new year been treating you all?
3 answers Last reply
More about badges show

    SHAKK-master wrote:
    > Whatever happens to Ash's badges after the big tournament? And how
    has
    > the new year been treating you all?

    They are taken by League Officials, and one of two things may happen:

    1. If Ash did not win the tournament, they are confiscated, melted
    down, and turned into a plaque that Ash must carry at all times, with
    the engraved words "Ash is a loser."

    2. If Ash won the tournament, they are confiscated, melted down, and
    made into small nuggets. As tradition, Ash must eat each of these
    nuggets over the course of eight days. At that point, two things may
    happen:

    2a. If Ash survives the ritual, he is given a $50 gift certificate to
    Blockbuster.

    2b. If Ash dies, then he dies.

    SHAKK-master wrote:
    > Whatever happens to Ash's badges after the big tournament? And how
    has
    > the new year been treating you all?

    On the issue of the badges; Ash most likely has them in storage back at
    home, along with his Orange League trophy.

    On the issue of my current status; pretty good, I think. Overworked,
    underpaid, but otherwise in good shape.

    SHAKK-master wrote:
    > Whatever happens to Ash's badges after the big tournament?

    Currently, the old badges are probably at home. When he was travelling
    through Kanto, he pinned those badges inside one side of his vest. In
    the Orange Islands, he pinned them inside the other side; we never saw
    inside the first side in the OI arc, but his Kanto badges were probably
    all still there. He may have shifted his OI badges to the Kanto side
    before going to Johto, so as to leave a blank side for the Johto badges.
    He had a wardrobe upgrade just before going to Hoenn, and he probably
    left his old badges (which may have been getting a bit heavy at that
    point) behind with his old duds.

    > And how has
    > the new year been treating you all?

    Busy.