proof

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
My Canvas: CoolerMaster Stacker 830 Evo Black.
Main Color: Orange.

Upgrades so Far:
1x CoolerMaster 120mm UV Orange Fan in the rear.
1x CoolerMaster 120mm UV Orange Fan in the top.
2x CoolerMaster 120mm UV Orange Fan in the front.
Logisys Dual 12" Cold Cathode UV Flow Lights.
2x CoolerMaster UV Orange SATA Cables.
UV Orange PSU Sleeving.

Please help me trick this case out. The case is already bada$$ as it is, lets make it scare little kids. Any ideas, suggestions, critiques, anything that will help me design and mod this case is very much apriciated. Don't hesitate to suggest anything because it is too "extreme". If you have an idea, lets here it.

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
Paint the inside of your case with UV reactive paint! Your already getting UV reactive sata cables and sleaves, might as well go all the way. Water cooling would be cool too, then you can fill the loop up with UV reactive water.

LEDs. Just, a ton of LEDs. Like, 10,000 of 'em, order off Digi-Key or Mouser since there cheaper there then anywhere else. Put them anywhere theres a non lit-up space, just make a huge collage of LEDs. Theres also the option of hooking them up directly to your computer, or throwing a microcontroller in the case, that way you can controll how they light up. Or if you just wanted them to flash an oscillator would work...

Get a couple VIA Pico-ITX or Nano-ITX mobos and hook them up along with your main pc. That way you can have a web server or something and your main pc in the same case!

stefx

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2006
I would bolt a cop siren on top, that would be cool! In a LAN party, who else would have that? You'd have a truly unique case

Also how about those yellow plastic canari birds that make that annoying BEEP BEEP when you pull on their tail? How about a santa clauss that laughs when you press his belly?

A couple of pink swans would sure attract some attention for sure!

I'd put a fake on/off button and hook it to the positive terminal of condenser array, charging it with a 36V Dewalt cordless drill. That way when someone would touch the on/off button they'd get a shock! Kewl!

As apt403 said, you could put 10 000 LEDs in it. Christmas lights are on special at discount stores. Wrap the whole computer with them! Get the ones that blink, they're the coolest.

You could buy a few hundred feet of Tygon 1/2" hose, put a UV liquid in it, let some air in (for bubble effect), and power it up in a close loop with a pump. That would be a cool effet, those bubbles moving around computer.

On the front, you could put stickers such as:
"NOS-Powered"
"No Fear"
"Powered by Honda"
That'll turn on the car chicks if there are any in the room. Heck put a big fart-can Honda muffler on it. Add speakers and record a 4 cylinder engine at high RPM. Play that .wav in an endless loop at max volume in the fart-can muffler.

Coolest mod of all... find an old 086 computer (yeah those that existed before the Core 2 duo, Pentium 4, Pentium 3, 486, 386 and 286...), take the "Turbo" button off and install it on your case, so people would think you have a button that makes your computer go faster.

(Did you say "anything" in your request for suggestions?)

proof

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
Whoa... you feelin' okay Stefx? My theme is the black case and everything should be orange. I was thinking maybe even replacing the drive bezels with orange acrylic and putting windows in my HDDs. Probably going to trace the circuts with UV markers too.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6400
eVGA T1 680i Motherboard
GeIL 2GB DDR2 800 Memory
eVGA 8800GTX Video Card
Seagate Cheatah 15k 36GB SCSI Drive (OS Disk)
Western Digital Caviar 16MB 250GB (x2 for programs)
Thermaltake Tough Power 750W PSU
Noctua NH-U12F CPU Cooler
CoolerMaster Stacker 830 Evo (Black)
CoolerMaster 120mm UV Orange Fans (x4)
Logisys Dual 12" UV Cold Cathodes
CoolerMaster UV Orange SATA Cables
UV Orange PSU Sleeving
ClearNeon UV Orange Paint (On select parts inside the case)

Adding two more WD Caviars, two more GB RAM, another 8800GTX and a PC Power & Cooling 850W Quad PSU.

I love acrylic so I definately want to do something with that and I also love the mesh on the case.