Partition table corrupted

I upgraded my server motherboard, reinstalled Windows 2000
server to get the proper drivers installed, etc..
Everything worked fine except that my drive letters where
not correct.... and then I was (sooooo) stupid:
I reassigned them using the disk manager without
installing any SP first and of course on a large drive!
So my partition table is corrupted and my disk is
unbootable.
How can I fix that (hopefully nothing should have been
deleted beside the partition table) and I have a spare XP
SP1 system if needed to connect the drive.
As you might guess I would like to recover the data
present on the drive as I don't have backup and as it's a
small network the W2K was the only controller in the
domain... so the forest root would need to be recovered
too!

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about partition table corrupted
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    Disk is unbootable.... are we getting any blue screens?
    What exactly happens when we try to boot from the drive.

    "Stephane Mabille" wrote:

    > I upgraded my server motherboard, reinstalled Windows 2000
    > server to get the proper drivers installed, etc..
    > Everything worked fine except that my drive letters where
    > not correct.... and then I was (sooooo) stupid:
    > I reassigned them using the disk manager without
    > installing any SP first and of course on a large drive!
    > So my partition table is corrupted and my disk is
    > unbootable.
    > How can I fix that (hopefully nothing should have been
    > deleted beside the partition table) and I have a spare XP
    > SP1 system if needed to connect the drive.
    > As you might guess I would like to recover the data
    > present on the drive as I don't have backup and as it's a
    > small network the W2K was the only controller in the
    > domain... so the forest root would need to be recovered
    > too!
    >
    > Thanks.

Partition Table Servers Windows