Partition table corrupted

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 23, 2004 11:26:48 AM

I upgraded my server motherboard, reinstalled Windows 2000
server to get the proper drivers installed, etc..
Everything worked fine except that my drive letters where
not correct.... and then I was (sooooo) stupid:
I reassigned them using the disk manager without
installing any SP first and of course on a large drive!
So my partition table is corrupted and my disk is
unbootable.
How can I fix that (hopefully nothing should have been
deleted beside the partition table) and I have a spare XP
SP1 system if needed to connect the drive.
As you might guess I would like to recover the data
present on the drive as I don't have backup and as it's a
small network the W2K was the only controller in the
domain... so the forest root would need to be recovered
too!

Thanks.
Anonymous
August 27, 2004 10:27:04 AM

Disk is unbootable.... are we getting any blue screens?
What exactly happens when we try to boot from the drive.