Sync Laptop and desktop My Doc's real time

I am looking for a more powerful sync solution for my laptop and desktop. I
have tried both "Off-Line Sync" and "briefcase" but the problem is that both
toss the data into a temp holding area. I am looking for more of a solution
like if I have quicken installed on 2 machine in c:\program files\quicken and
if I work on it at home on my desktop the data in "Desktop" c:\program files
is real time, but the next day I want to work on my quicken at work on my
laptop, I sync my laptop before I start work so I capture yesterdays desktop
data to my laptop and it puts it into "laptop" c:\program files\quicken. The
problem I see with both Microsoft tools is that they create there own holding
area for the data rather then the orignal data locations and sync "laptop"
c:\program files\quicken to "desktop" c:\prgrams files\quicken.

Does anyone know of a more power sync tool.

Hi Jeff,
I use QuickBooks from multiple computers in the same way, and the most
effective and secure solution I have found is to keep the database on a
server and access that server through Remote Desktop. That way you don't
have to sync the data and risk updates to the wrong copy.

This is also a good way of allowing multiple people to access the database,
if that is an issue for your organization.

Joan Preppernau