Sync Laptop and desktop My Doc's real time

I am looking for a more powerful sync solution for my laptop and desktop. I
have tried both "Off-Line Sync" and "briefcase" but the problem is that both
toss the data into a temp holding area. I am looking for more of a solution
like if I have quicken installed on 2 machine in c:\program files\quicken and
if I work on it at home on my desktop the data in "Desktop" c:\program files
is real time, but the next day I want to work on my quicken at work on my
laptop, I sync my laptop before I start work so I capture yesterdays desktop
data to my laptop and it puts it into "laptop" c:\program files\quicken. The
problem I see with both Microsoft tools is that they create there own holding
area for the data rather then the orignal data locations and sync "laptop"
c:\program files\quicken to "desktop" c:\prgrams files\quicken.

Does anyone know of a more power sync tool.
1 answer Last reply
More about sync laptop desktop real time

    Hi Jeff,
    I use QuickBooks from multiple computers in the same way, and the most
    effective and secure solution I have found is to keep the database on a
    server and access that server through Remote Desktop. That way you don't
    have to sync the data and risk updates to the wrong copy.

    This is also a good way of allowing multiple people to access the database,
    if that is an issue for your organization.

    Joan Preppernau

    "Jefh23" <Jefh23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am looking for a more powerful sync solution for my laptop and desktop.
    > have tried both "Off-Line Sync" and "briefcase" but the problem is that
    > both
    > toss the data into a temp holding area. I am looking for more of a
    > solution
    > like if I have quicken installed on 2 machine in c:\program files\quicken
    > and
    > if I work on it at home on my desktop the data in "Desktop" c:\program
    > files
    > is real time, but the next day I want to work on my quicken at work on my
    > laptop, I sync my laptop before I start work so I capture yesterdays
    > desktop
    > data to my laptop and it puts it into "laptop" c:\program files\quicken.
    > The
    > problem I see with both Microsoft tools is that they create there own
    > holding
    > area for the data rather then the orignal data locations and sync "laptop"
    > c:\program files\quicken to "desktop" c:\prgrams files\quicken.
    >
    > Does anyone know of a more power sync tool.

Laptops Desktops Microsoft Windows XP