Memory Upgrade

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 27, 2004 1:41:57 PM

I am running Win/2000 server and need to upgrade my
memory. Currently have 1GB of memeory, would like to make
it 4GB. My problem is I only have 3GB of disk space left
on my primary partition and my only other disks which is
the D:\ drive is setup with RAID5 but has 61GB of free
disk space. Should I just add another hard drive, make it
RAID 0 or a stripped volume so I could move my page file
to it when I upgrade my memory to total 4GB??? Am I right
in that my page file should not exist on any volume where
RAID is configured? Any help would be greatly apreciated.
Thanks.

More about : memory upgrade

Anonymous
August 27, 2004 11:26:29 PM

Hi,

You can store your pagefile where you want well Its a best practice to
keep it on a different hard drive other than raid 5
Or you change the size of the pagefile to 2 GB in the increment mode