DO and SO Enhancements

What's the difference between a DO Enchancement, SO Enhancement and
garden-variety enhancements charcters pick up fromthe word go?

Are the generic enchancements the same thing as SO's?

What's special about a DO? If I have a 15 DO of a given type, does it do
anything for me that the equivalent generic 15 doesn't do?

--
John Trauger,
Vorlonagent

"Methane martini.
Shaken, not stirred."

"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common.
Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to
fit their views
....which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that
needs altering."
-The Doctor

"Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com> wrote in

> What's the difference between a DO Enchancement, SO Enhancement
> and garden-variety enhancements charcters pick up fromthe word go?

Training (Generic) when white [at your level] gives at mas 8% increase
in base

Dual when white gives 16%

Single when white give max 33%

Each plus (above your level) gives approx an addition 1% so a green SO
1 above your level gives at max 34%, 2 above your level (max that you
can have ) gives aprox 35% additional to base.

A quick guide is available at:

http://www.cityofheroesonline.com/enhan/overview_enhan.htm

but there exist other calculators out there, just google on them.

I've finally sat down and digested what the link told me.

Are there any good shops for getting ahold of level 20 DOs?

I doubt if my blaster could get SOs at level 19.

John

--
Vorlonagent, level 19 Blaster: Electric/Energy, Guardian
Steel Night, Level 16 Tanker, Invulnerable/Super-Strength, Virtue

"J Anlee" <janlee@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> "Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com> wrote in
>
> > What's the difference between a DO Enchancement, SO Enhancement
> > and garden-variety enhancements charcters pick up fromthe word go?
> >

> Training (Generic) when white [at your level] gives at mas 8% increase
> in base
>
> Dual when white gives 16%
>
> Single when white give max 33%
>
> Each plus (above your level) gives approx an addition 1% so a green SO
> 1 above your level gives at max 34%, 2 above your level (max that you
> can have ) gives aprox 35% additional to base.
>
> A quick guide is available at:
>
> http://www.cityofheroesonline.com/enhan/overview_enhan.htm
>
> but there exist other calculators out there, just google on them.

"Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com> wrote:
> Are there any good shops for getting ahold of level 20 DOs?

As far as I know. I think all the shops in Steel Canyon sell 20 DOs.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-

"Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com> looked up from reading the entrails of

>I've finally sat down and digested what the link told me.
>
>Are there any good shops for getting ahold of level 20 DOs?

All the shops in Steel Canyon and Skyway sell level 15 and 20 DOs.

>I doubt if my blaster could get SOs at level 19.

You can, but only as very rare drops, so it's highly unlikely.

Store bought SOs start at level 25 so you can start using them at level
22.

Xocyll

"Xocyll" <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote in message
> "Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com> looked up from reading the entrails of
> the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:
>
> >I've finally sat down and digested what the link told me.
> >
> >Are there any good shops for getting ahold of level 20 DOs?
>
> All the shops in Steel Canyon and Skyway sell level 15 and 20 DOs.
>
> >I doubt if my blaster could get SOs at level 19.
>
> You can, but only as very rare drops, so it's highly unlikely.
>
> Store bought SOs start at level 25 so you can start using them at level
> 22.

At this moment, my Level 19 Blaster is cash-strapped (and in about 7K of
debt--life has not been good) without a DO to his name. The only good news
is that his enhancements are all at 20 or 20+ so nothing's going red anytime
soon.

Should I buy DOs piecemeal or wait until I have enough cash to re-slot most
of my enhancements? I'm tempted to bypass the 20's and build up the cash to
fill out with 25s from the moment I hit 22.

--
John Trauger,
Vorlonagent

"Methane martini.
Shaken, not stirred."

Vorlonagent (M), level 19 Blaster: Electric/Energy, Guardian
Steel Night (M), Level 16 Tanker, Invulnerable/Super-Strength, Virtue
MC-2 (F), Level 15 Blaster: Force/Fire, Protector
NightfalI (M), Level 16 Defender, Pinnacle
RolIing Thunder (F), Level 14 Defender, Infinity
Girl at the Bar (F), Level 8 Controller: Mind/Empathy, Liberty

> At this moment, my Level 19 Blaster is cash-strapped (and in about 7K
> of debt--life has not been good) without a DO to his name. The only
> good news is that his enhancements are all at 20 or 20+ so nothing's
> going red anytime soon.
>
> Should I buy DOs piecemeal or wait until I have enough cash to re-slot
> most of my enhancements? I'm tempted to bypass the 20's and build up
> the cash to fill out with 25s from the moment I hit 22.

Wow. I have never seen a toon past level 17 without DO's. If you are really
that broke, you won't be able to buy SO's at 22 if you buy any DO's now.
Better to slog through the next 3 levels fighting blues and greens and buy
as many SO's as you can at 22 and piecemeal the rest. Good luck.

--
The Soliphist asks...
What assertion do you make to validate your existence?

"The Soliphist" <fatmanlittleboy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com> wrote in
>
> > At this moment, my Level 19 Blaster is cash-strapped (and in about 7K
> > of debt--life has not been good) without a DO to his name. The only
> > good news is that his enhancements are all at 20 or 20+ so nothing's
> > going red anytime soon.
> >
> > Should I buy DOs piecemeal or wait until I have enough cash to re-slot
> > most of my enhancements? I'm tempted to bypass the 20's and build up
> > the cash to fill out with 25s from the moment I hit 22.
>
> Wow. I have never seen a toon past level 17 without DO's. If you are
really
> that broke, you won't be able to buy SO's at 22 if you buy any DO's now.
> Better to slog through the next 3 levels fighting blues and greens and buy
> as many SO's as you can at 22 and piecemeal the rest. Good luck.

My turn to say "Wow".

I didn't expect SOs until something more like Level 32.