Win2k server on new HD.

In following "step by step guide to a common
infrastructure for Windows 2000 server deployment"
I made the four floppies with makebt32. I booted off the
floppies, setup formatting of half of HD with NTFS and
then I get a message "Value 0 on the line in section
[SourceDisksFiles] with key "sp4.cab"." Help!
1 answer Last reply
More about win2k server
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    Check out 273022 Unable to Install Windows 2000 with Boot
    Floppy Disks After Slipstreaming (http://kb/article.asp?id=Q273022)

    To work around this problem so Setup can proceed, copy the updated
    Txtsetup.sif file from the slipstream source that you used to create the
    CD-ROM to the first boot floppy disk.

    - or just try copying the Txtsetup.sif file from the CD to the first boot
    floppy disk.

    ***
    Terrence Tan
    Server Setup Team

    Please reply to the newsgroup and not directly to me.
    This allows others to add to and benefit from these threads
    and also helps to ensure a more timely response.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" without warranty either
    expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the
    implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a
    particular purpose.
    The views and opinions expressed in this newsgroup posting
    are mine and do not necessarily express or reflect the views
    and/or opinions of Microsoft.
    --------------------
    <From: "Ed Schroeter" <edwins@wwdb.org>
    <Sender: "Ed Schroeter" <edwins@wwdb.org>
    <Subject: Win2k server on new HD.
    <Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 08:37:51 -0700
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade
    <
    <In following "step by step guide to a common
    <infrastructure for Windows 2000 server deployment"
    <I made the four floppies with makebt32. I booted off the
    <floppies, setup formatting of half of HD with NTFS and
    <then I get a message "Value 0 on the line in section
    <[SourceDisksFiles] with key "sp4.cab"." Help!
    <

HD Servers Windows