What is Best Thermal Compound for CPU/HSF Interface?

oclockernewbie

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2007
Does anyone know what the best thermal grease is for mounting a HSF onto the CPU?

FrozenCPU.com sells a compound called Coollaboratory Liquid Pro Thermal Interface Material. From the reviews, it sounds like a great thermal grease/compound. Does anyone have any experience with the Liquid Pro? Or should I just stick with tried and true Arctic Silver 5?

clarkboyo

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2006
I think if you have to question it.. then just stick with what you trust and go for the arctic silver.... also, I think you should worry more about the heatsink yer buying because that's the thing that will really help with cooling.

oclockernewbie

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2007
Hey THANKS everyone for your advice. That thermal interface shootout review is great. It seems like the compound one uses DOES make a difference.

clarkboyo

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2006
who said that it doesn't? ;) I just thought that the heat sink makes a BIGGER difference than the compound.. that's why i can buy the as 5 for 7 bucks but the ultra 120 would cost me 60 :|

brokenshoelaces

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2007
Does anyone know what the best thermal grease is for mounting a HSF onto the CPU?

FrozenCPU.com sells a compound called Coollaboratory Liquid Pro Thermal Interface Material. From the reviews, it sounds like a great thermal grease/compound. Does anyone have any experience with the Liquid Pro? Or should I just stick with tried and true Arctic Silver 5?

yeah read the da clan thermal paste review. shin etsu x23 dropped my temps 6c .