Redirecting virus, also shut down windows security need help removing!

alexpyro101

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
Hello, i have a virus on my laptop(probably from torrenting) and i can't find it or remove it. i am currently using Mcafee and cant seem to find it even after scanning in safe mode. it makes internet explorer open advertisements, redirects my pages, and has also disabled my windows security service. I'm running windows 7 right now and am guessing im just getting more and more viruses, help would be very much appreciated

4745454b

Titan
How do you know he has a TDL3 on his system? He just said it has popups and disabled his antivirus. Not saying he doesn't have a rootkit, but I fail to see how you know what he has.

I agree about running FF w/noscript. If you already have something on your computer however it won't make any difference.

LunkerHead

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
I got two words for you. Bart's PE.

I discoverd Bart's PE about a year and a half ago. No viruses or malware stand a chance using this method. Bart's PE (Preinstalled Environment) runs from your RAM memory. It treats your hard drive like an external hard drive using malware and virus scanners running from your RAM memory! That means the viruses are not loaded, keeping you from finding them and deleting them.

I found an excellent tutorial of how to setup and use Bart's PE on YouTube.

Google UBCD 4Win for the Bart's PE download. Not just UBCD. That's a different one. You need UBCD 4Win. Then search for the turtorial of how to setup Bart's PE on YouTube. You will need a copy of WinXP OS to utilize Bart's PE. That may be hard one for you to come up with I know. I was lucky. I had an old copy of WinXP home (upgrade version) and that worked fine.

Once you successfully make a Bart's PE disk, you will never have a problem getting rid of viruses EVER again. I made and burned a Bart's PE disk over a year ago to fix my nephew's PC that was totaly screwed up and unusable from a virus attack. I have been using the same disk every since to keep my laptop clean.

try running malwarebytes and spybot search and destroy they are pretty good --unless you know the name of the specific virus/malware its hard to find the removal tool--if you find the name of it companies like bitdefender offer standalone removal tools aimed at particular infections as free downloads--they also offer offline removal tools that boot before windows so can access files that would normally not be able to with windows running

had a few laptops recently from people with the same symptoms which they got from adult entertainments sites if you know what i mean

LunkerHead

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011

The only way a virus can execute it's script is within the windows envrionment with windows loaded. That makes virus and malware scanners that run AFTER windows is loaded useless against many viruses. That what is great about Bart's PE. It's scans from the RAM memory of your hardware, with windows NOT loaded.

yes i know that--but you are assuming hes able to make a barts pe disk--thats why i said run the windows software in case he cant-- those 2 are good programs and may do the job--if they dont--i also said he could download an offline removal tool that boots before windows so can access files that would normally not be able to with windows running

wailianc

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
Hello , I had the problem too , I have tried everything. Ive tried spyware doctor, Ive tried getting into my documents to delete the file. Ive tried finding it somewhere in my computer, Ive trial control alt delete and it wont come up, Ive tried norton. Ive tried everything and nothing works It keeps coming up and my computer is taken over. Finally I get help at http://blog.teesupport.com/

Emily Lee

Reputable
Nov 25, 2014
It is obvious that your computer has been infected by a kind of redirect virus that keeps redirecting you to unwanted websites. I suggest that you find out a top malware removal tool to remove this threat. Malwarebytes or SpyHunter may be good choices for you.