Multiple OS on Win 2000

I have two versions of windows 2000 on my PC and I wish t
oremove one of them. Can I just delete it and the entire
directory from the second hard drive, where it is
iinstalled?

I do not have an option under the add remove programs
panel.

TYhank ou for your help.

Joe
1 answer Last reply
More about multiple 2000
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    First Control Panel|System|Advanced|Startup and Recovery, choose the correct
    System Startup option as default, then you'll need to delete the options you
    want removed from the boot.ini, it's a system, hidden file in the root of
    the system partition. So you'll need to show-all-files in Explorer.
    Explorer|Tools|Folder Options|View, then radio button for "Show hidden files
    and folders" *and* also uncheck the box for "Hide protected operating system
    files". You should end up with something like this (below). The timeout
    value is not functional when there is only one startup choice.

    Then assuming you don't need anything on drive1 you can delete/recreate the
    partition(s) using Disk Management snap-in;
    Start|Run|diskmgmt.msc

    [boot loader]
    timeout=30
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000
    Professional" /fastdetect

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Joe" wrote:
    |I have two versions of windows 2000 on my PC and I wish t
    | oremove one of them. Can I just delete it and the entire
    | directory from the second hard drive, where it is
    | iinstalled?
    |
    | I do not have an option under the add remove programs
    | panel.
    |
    | TYhank ou for your help.
    |
    | Joe

Microsoft Windows