Multiple OS on Win 2000

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
September 18, 2004 12:59:47 AM

I have two versions of windows 2000 on my PC and I wish t
oremove one of them. Can I just delete it and the entire
directory from the second hard drive, where it is
iinstalled?

I do not have an option under the add remove programs
panel.

TYhank ou for your help.

Joe

More about : multiple win 2000

Anonymous
September 18, 2004 11:33:59 AM

First Control Panel|System|Advanced|Startup and Recovery, choose the correct
System Startup option as default, then you'll need to delete the options you
want removed from the boot.ini, it's a system, hidden file in the root of
the system partition. So you'll need to show-all-files in Explorer.
Explorer|Tools|Folder Options|View, then radio button for "Show hidden files
and folders" *and* also uncheck the box for "Hide protected operating system
files". You should end up with something like this (below). The timeout
value is not functional when there is only one startup choice.

Then assuming you don't need anything on drive1 you can delete/recreate the
partition(s) using Disk Management snap-in;
Start|Run|diskmgmt.msc

[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000
Professional" /fastdetect

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional