upgrading from window ME to 2000

I am finding i get a blue screen that then says it is
setting up windows 2000 but sits there for over an hour.
any help out there?
2 answers Last reply
More about upgrading window 2000
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    There is no support upgrade path from WinME to Windows 2000

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "dave" wrote:
    |I am finding i get a blue screen that then says it is
    | setting up windows 2000 but sits there for over an hour.
    | any help out there?
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    I just tried the same thing and got BSOD because BIOS did
    not support ACPI. Had to do a BIOS upgrade and then a
    clean install, not an upgrade. Can't upgrade ME to W2K.
    Unfortunately, W2K only boots in Safe Mode now but I'm a
    little closer.....

Windows 2000 Microsoft Blue Screen Windows