Noctua NH-U12F CPU Cooler
CoolerMaster Stacker 832 Case
CoolerMaster 120mm UV Orange Fans (x4)
CoolerMaster UV Orange SATA Cables (x2)
Logisys 12" Dual UV Cold Cathode Flow Lights

Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
Logitech G5 Gaming Mouse
BenQ 20.1" Wide Screen

I plan to upgrade soon and add two more WD Caviars, another 8800GTX, a QX6700, and 2GB more RAM. I swear I can't push the buy button. I am not new to this at all but this is going to be my baby and I want it PERFECT.

jeff_2087

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2007
More importantly, the G5's color scheme should match your case very well. As would the PSU apt suggested, that'd probably look better than the one in your list.

The only thing I'm concerned about is your monitor. It's just plain black. My monitor is equally dull looking but I mounted a cathode along the back bottom edge so there's a cool green glow underneath it. But I've never seen an orange cathode tube, so this is a problem. I will muse on it for a while.

proof

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
I prefer the Death Adder but I already have one and can't afford another one. I decided to go with the PCPC PSU.

Thanks man. I have been looking for orange stuff as well. I may paint the monitor CAREFULLY with a vinyl dye or maybe a pearl orange color. Same with speakers when i get them.

I also forgot to mention that I have two Seagate Cheetah 15k 36GB SCSI drives with PCI host adapters. One is going to be my OS disk and one is going to be my paging file.

skyguy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
If you're getting a PCPC PSU then that is a good move.

Dude, 2 cheetahs?!?! Lucky ah heck.

Pull the trigger man and hit that BUY button. You got a GREAT setup there, go for it. Helluva rig.

proof

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
I have more. Woek is upgrading to 76GB. I get a $hitload of SCSIs. I only want two though. Lots of heat and lots of power. I ahve a bunch though. Any mod suggestions?

proof

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
Okay, I am going to paint my monitor, speakers, and keyboard Kandy Orange. I am going to replace all the LEDs in my keyboard with UV ones. I am going to put a window in all of my HDDs and paint the rest UV Orange. I am going to make my optical drive bezels from orange acrylic. Sleeve all my wires in UV orange. Color all my capacitor caps on the mobo UV orange. And the best part: I am going to spend an entire day with a can of UV Orange brush on paint and a crap load of q-tips and paint the INSIDE of every mesh link UV orange. How cool is that $hit!?!?

proof

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
Also, can anyone give me some links, guides, tips, advice, ANYTHING about the wiring in my case. I want NO wires visible and since I usually do cases without windows and not high performance stuff that often, I have never really had to hide cables. But mine needs to look IMACULATE.

jeff_2087

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2007
Seriously? That's awesome. I was going to suggest you spraypaint your monitor neon orange but I didnt think you'd actually do it.

Although I don't see the point in replacing your keyboard LEDs with UVs because it's not like in your case where there's UV reactive stuff that'll glow. Either leave them alone or replace them with something cool. Maybe white actually.

jeff_2087

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2007
Yeah, and for in your case you could get white EL wire. It's pretty cool, I have blue EL wire and I'm planning to use it to draw something on the inside of the clear side panel of my case. I haven't decided what yet though.

proof

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
Hmmm... I know that green is the easiest color for our eyes to look at. Blue is a cold color though. I like blue, but everyone does it. And I want this thing to be OBNOXIOUS! I want people to look at it and orgasm. I want little kids to look at it and cry. This thing has to be sick.

skyguy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
Among my other Renaissance Man talents ;) I am a real life designer.

Blue and orange as a color scheme is extremely bold. It can be GREAT if done properly for a case/system. The trick is using each color in proper proportions so one isn't competing against the other. You want one to contrast against the other, not compete. So a base orange color with blue highlights/accents would look amazing. So the G15 blue lights could look really cool if you copy that blue to other parts of your system....the monitor, the case, even the keyboard. Why not? Put orange on the silver parts of the G15. Put a couple clear coats on it, acrylic, etc and it'll look PIMP.

Orange color on the case will look like a tricked-out tuner rod ;) Then use UV blue to accent certain lines.....like the PSU bar, the hdd cage supports, whatever.

Just take some time to plan it out. If you're Phtoshop-savvy, use it to block out some areas for color til you get something you're happy with. Just take some pics or find some on the net and do simple color overlays in Photoshop. Mix the blue/orange scheme and it'll look great.

Vibrant orange......NOT tangerine.....couple clear coats, maybe some metallic flecks in the paint mix if you're adventurous before the clear coats. Then UV blue highlights. Yea, that'll be PIMP.

8)

proof

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
What about red and orange? Green and orange? Also, does anyone have any idea how I could use my PSP screen on my case. THAT would be PIMP.

ORANGE AND PINK!!!

skyguy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
Thank you Merc. I'm sure with a bit of effort (and cussing) you can get your setup working well too!! :)

Taco, I would be honored to have Ninja and Da Clan use my pics/writeup as an example of P180 wiring for other people. It's a great case and I love it, but it's certainly a challenge to wire. If there's anything you need for Ninja, etc just lemme know and I'll try my best to accommodate.

:p

proof

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
Okay! I bought it!

Intel Core 2 Duo E6400
eVGA T1 680i Motherboard
GeIL 2GB DDR2 800 Memory
eVGA 8800GTX 768MB
Western Digital Caviar 16MB 250GB (x2)
PC Power & Cooling 750W Quad PSU
Noctua NH-U12F HSF
CoolerMaster Stacker 832
CoolerMaster UV Orange 120mm Fans (x4)
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
Logitech G5 Gaming Mouse
BenQ 20.1" Wide Screen
Logisys Dual 12" UV Cold Cathodes

(Already have the two Seagate Cheetah 36GB 15k SCSIs I am going to use for the OS and paging file.)