Sign in with
Your question

AMD feels the pressure, new marketing campaign???

Last response: in CPUs
March 21, 2007 1:21:04 PM

Amd feels the pressure, as shown on this tee shirt. print of of intels boot.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I can not believe amd's marketing department did this! Its a tee shirt of amd being stomped by intel!

you get this tee free with an and 4200+ omg! it should be free with an intel chip. it appears its an amd marketing idea :idea: :?: - wow is that bad! :evil: 

i ordered a 4200+ this morning look what i got! i am goint print intel man on it and c2d :twisted:
March 21, 2007 1:59:40 PM

Quote:

I can not believe amd's marketing department did this! Its a tee shirt of amd being stomped by intel!

you get this tee free with an and 4200+ omg! it should be free with an intel chip. it appears its an amd marketing idea :idea: :?: - wow is that bad! :evil: 

i ordered a 4200+ this morning look what i got! i am goint print intel man on it and c2d :twisted:

Why would you assume that is Intel's boot print? It seems like a good idea. Its a nice cross promotion.
March 21, 2007 2:02:23 PM

Quote:
Why would you assume that is Intel's boot print? It seems like a good idea. Its a nice cross promotion.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's AMD's boot print. Judging by the fact that the t-shirt is green, the "AMD" logo looks like its on the bottom of the boot not being stomped on, and the back of the shirt has the phrase "stomp the competition", and it's being shipped with a AMD processor, I'd say all evidence points to it being AMD's boot not Intel's.

Although I wouldn't wear that shirt because it says Newegg, that's unfortunate.
Related resources
March 21, 2007 2:02:36 PM

It's not just an AMD t-shirt. It's also for Newegg. Did you even look at the pictures :?:
March 21, 2007 2:03:24 PM

hmmmmm, I see a shirt that says AMD stomps the competition, hence the boot with the AMD logo on it. It would make more sense if the shirt color was blue. Being green it makes it look like they stomp themselves.
March 21, 2007 2:04:36 PM

Congratulations, you've just set a new mark for biggest THG Forum buffoon.
March 21, 2007 2:09:09 PM

True enough.

But I'm nominating shatsprayer for this weeks award then :!:
March 21, 2007 2:13:00 PM

newegg is a "water mark" its a digital overlay.

sure, i know its an amd ad champaing - "stomps the competition"

I just think its funny it looks like they got stomped seeing as the boot print is on amd - like amd has been stomped in the mud.

what irony -
March 21, 2007 2:14:40 PM

No, look again noob.

The newegg logo is clearly "Printed" on both the second and third photos.

Sheesh. :?
March 21, 2007 2:16:42 PM

yes, your right, i just have sew intel for the egg :twisted:
March 21, 2007 2:39:20 PM

Quote:
***shakes head***
Ok, we all know you like intel, but still, if amd needs to sell t-shirts, let them, I see no reason why to get mad at them, and either way, they probably made a deal with newegg, because as the other dewd said, newegg is written in the shoe print

He is on the way to Baron's logic :wink:
March 21, 2007 2:54:10 PM

Quote:
***shakes head***
Ok, we all know you like intel, but still, if amd needs to sell t-shirts, let them, I see no reason why to get mad at them, and either way, they probably made a deal with newegg, because as the other dewd said, newegg is written in the shoe print

ps, did you write this?
I ran this at 1350 4-4-4-12 (i was testing it against a same price corsair 4-4-4-12 ddr667) so i am not sure if it runs at the rated speed. At this price i am fine with it as is better then corsair 667 - did not boot at 2.18v on the p5n-e runs good at 2.08v. The corsair would only run 1250 4-4-4-12 this ran upto 1400 the max i tested.

i posted this for:
verndewd
To: DragonSprayer
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:03 pm
Subject: T shirts Turn flag ON
I think its a winning Idea;Any clue on how to actually get this done? I have some killer ideas for T shirts and I think entusiasts would suck up the smart ass comments. I think it would sell.

patriot ddr 800 4-4-4-12 is the same price as corsair ddr667 4-4-4-12 - when i wrote it. why?

the patriot would run up to 1400 max tested
the corsair would only run 1250 - tested 1300,1350,1400 etc

neither booted at 2.18v the partiot ran 1400 ddr @ 2.08v the corsair ran only 1250 at 2.08v would not boot at higher voltage

did not test the ddr 800 for its rated speed - the system was shipped the corsair, the patriot was just used as a comparision or test. patriot was repackage and is still not tested for 4-4-4-12 ddr800

conclusion the patriot is better at the same price.

hope that helps! :twisted:
a b à CPUs
March 21, 2007 2:58:08 PM

Quote:

It's a promotional shirt for how AMD and Newegg "stomp" the competition...you nitwit...go back to school...
March 21, 2007 3:14:49 PM

sorry

ddr 800 = 400x4 = 1600 bus

1350=675
1400=700

1250-1400 that is the actual setting in the p5n-e mobo as is referenced
March 21, 2007 3:15:23 PM

I cant see a reason why anyone would want to wear a t-shirt that ugly.

Sure, Baron or sharikou would, but they do not belong to the homo sapiens species.
March 21, 2007 3:16:35 PM

you amti-ites are so sensitive!

yes, i know its amd marketing champaign

but the logo is in the ground as if intel's boot has stomped amd in to the gound - man are u dumb!

Quote:
I cant see a reason why anyone would want to wear a t-shirt that ugly.

Sure, Baron or sharikou would, but they do not belong to the homo sapiens species.

ya thats basically what a review said "ugly and uncomfortable"
March 21, 2007 3:16:40 PM

Breaking News....
Quote:

AMD just announced a new multibillion dollar fab in China...
the primary products will be green T-Shirts.

CEO of AMD was quoted as saying: "We're very excited about this opportunity for expansion and growth. Also, in about 6 to 12 months, we're hoping to add the color red to the green product line. It's a complex process, but our engineers are working diligently on it.

We're positive that our t-shirts will be superior to any future Intel offerings. This should be a boom for AMD's revenues and profits. Investors are lining up, and we will be issuing another billion dollars worth of bonds to pay for the new center"

March 21, 2007 3:27:46 PM

This just in ...
Quote:
Today Intel announced, with total indefference to those guys wearing those slow, ugly and uncomfortable T-shirts, theyre building a new fab in China!!! Theyre making the C2D Tennis shoes !! 1 size fits all!! As long as you wear C2D
March 21, 2007 3:30:27 PM

Quote:
This just in ... Today Intel announced, with total indefference to those guys wearing those slow, ugly and uncomfortable T-shirts, theyre building a new fab in China!!! Theyre making the C2D Tennis shoes !! 1 size fits all!! As long as you wear C2D

You forgot... w/ 30% price cuts on the tennis shows in Q3'07 :lol: 
March 21, 2007 3:30:43 PM

sorry i was typing the mobo settings to make it easier - heck the p5n-e goes upto like 3000. 500-3000

if typed 667 they set that! then it would be really slooooooooooow.

ya i see your point. i said that i did not run the ddr800 at its full speed only 1400.
March 21, 2007 3:33:21 PM

wow - amd clothing line!

ya we had this discussion a few weeks ago - a whole list of quotes like:

"amd we have ideas too!" or
"amd, try us we are really cheap!"

or a intel foot with a amd logo in the mud saying: "we dont mind being #2 - its better then chapter 13"
March 21, 2007 3:35:08 PM

Also..
Quote:
If you buy our totally better than green product, we dont promise you a girl with each purchase, but we get you half the way there. 1 free condom with every purchase of our 30% off (if you wait til 11/11/11) C2D Tennies!!!!
March 21, 2007 3:42:17 PM

I just can not get over the irony of amd giving a away a free tee shirt with amd logo in the mud like its stomped on - that is such a bad marketing champaign - when i got the 4200+ for $110 that cost 4 times that much just a few short months ago.

that marketing dept needs the axe!
March 21, 2007 3:42:38 PM

Things are really heating up now….

Quote:

Mar 21, 2007

After hearing about the new fab T-shirt center, Fruit of a Loom has just announced a hostile bid on AMD. CEO of Fruit of a Loom commented:

“Clearly integration of products is the future for both industries. As the AMD & ATI merger is proving with their demonstrated best inclass GPUs, so too will the merger of AMD & Fruit of a Loom prove with personal wear.”

Analysts speculate that Fruit of a Loom will bid a 3-pack of crew-neck t-shirts for each share of AMD stock. If a bidding war erupts with Hanes, some arbitrage experts believe that a package of boxer briefs may be in the mix as well.

March 21, 2007 3:58:56 PM

now thats funny, amd isnt stomping the competition just yet, but maybe barcelona will change our opinions
March 21, 2007 4:13:36 PM

Haven't you noticed that Intel has basically had some of the most insulting, low brow ad campaigns ever? When I hear that stupid ding-dong-ding noise on a commercial it makes me wanna strangle somebody. And what do a-holes in blue make-up have to do with processors? Basically, marketing departments in most corporations are made up of do-nothing yes men, bursting with bad ideas like the t-shirt one. All of this Amd hate is starting to bother me. You've basically been bent over by Intel, with the whole Pentium 4 line of processors, told by their marketing dept. it was what you needed, and you all bought it hook line and sinker. Now they come out with a faster processor and you start screaming their praises and yelling for AMD blood. Any one who wants to see AMD lose the cpu war is an idiot, cause when Intel wins, they'll return to giving you what they told you you needed not what you really want. Competition is good! Grow up fan boys - of all types!
March 21, 2007 4:21:21 PM

Quote:
Haven't you noticed that Intel has basically had some of the most insulting, low brow ad campaigns ever? When I hear that stupid ding-dong-ding noise on a commercial it makes me wanna strangle somebody. And what do a-holes in blue make-up have to do with processors? Basically, marketing departments in most corporations are made up of do-nothing yes men, bursting with bad ideas like the t-shirt one. All of this Amd hate is starting to bother me. You've basically been bent over by Intel, with the whole Pentium 4 line of processors, told by their marketing dept. it was what you needed, and you all bought it hook line and sinker. Now they come out with a faster processor and you start screaming their praises and yelling for AMD blood. Any one who wants to see AMD lose the cpu war is an idiot, cause when Intel wins, they'll return to giving you what they told you you needed not what you really want. Competition is good! Grow up fan boys - of all types!

I take it you're not pre-ordering the T-shirts? :lol: 
a b à CPUs
March 21, 2007 4:23:24 PM

Quote:
you amti-ites are so sensitive!

yes, i know its amd marketing champaign

but the logo is in the ground as if intel's boot has stomped amd in to the gound - man are u dumb!

You say know it's an AMD marketing campaign but insist on believing it's Intel's boot print, and you call me dumb? Pull your head out of your a$s!

While it might be a bad campaign, the message is obviously lost on you.
March 21, 2007 5:04:07 PM

kelly rocks

that video is really really funny!
March 21, 2007 6:05:04 PM

That's not Intel but just an tool for advertisement for AMD.

That is all nonsense!
March 21, 2007 6:17:59 PM

That is clearly an AMD bootprint.You sir,need glasses.LOL.

Dahak

AMD X2-4400+@2.6 S-939
EVGA NF4 SLI MB
2X EVGA 7950GT KO IN SLI
4X 512MB CRUCIAL BALLISTIX DDR500
WD300GIG HD
ACER 22IN WIDESCREEN LCD 1600X1200
THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER 850WATT PSU
COOLERMASTER MINI R120
3DMARK05 13,471
March 21, 2007 6:45:20 PM

Quote:
newegg is a "water mark" its a digital overlay.

sure, i know its an amd ad champaing - "stomps the competition"

I just think its funny it looks like they got stomped seeing as the boot print is on amd - like amd has been stomped in the mud.

what irony -

I know what a water mark is. The newegg logo is also on the boot. The other side of the shirt has the newegg 'once you know' phrase.

You damn noob, you didn't look at all the pictures :!: :!: :!:
March 21, 2007 7:08:51 PM

Quote:
That is clearly an AMD bootprint.You sir,need glasses.LOL.

Dahak

AMD is so far behind in Technology that I can not imagine what they are stomping that they think is competition. Maybe that wasn't mud that made the boot print? :wink:
March 21, 2007 7:45:38 PM

I have a feeling the op started this only cause he knows that when someone starts a thread with an unreasonably stupid opinion on something trivial people get in a hissy fit. He's just askin' for attention, lets all just back away.

Yeah, real slowly now, just back away.

fake edit: save your hate and use when a real goodie shows up, ya know, like something comparable to the 1024x768 disscussion. I say we go back there and say he's stupid some more.
March 21, 2007 8:13:23 PM

Slap yourself because this is a waste.
March 21, 2007 8:24:36 PM

Open mouth, insert foot.

I can't decide whether you are any better or worse than 9inch. Keep it up and you might just get the title Forum Shakirou.
March 21, 2007 9:11:19 PM

Quote:

Baron, in a rare instance, seems to be correct. The product ad says "Stomped" T Shirt, but if you read the logo, it says stomp the competition with an AMD logo as part of the foot print, implying that AMD is doing the stomping, not being stomped.

Sadly however, this appears to be a bungled attempt at promotion as the combination of the product description and product are vague enough as to make it easily (through no fault of the reader/consumer) confusing as to the meaning. Leaving it open to interpretation. Very bad to do when your pushing a product.
March 21, 2007 10:23:08 PM

Quote:
[
Sadly however, this appears to be a bungled attempt at promotion as the combination of the product description and product are vague enough as to make it easily (through no fault of the reader/consumer) confusing as to the meaning. Leaving it open to interpretation. Very bad to do when your pushing a product.

i can take those amd shirts and cut the center and make an intel we stomped amd shirt

white shirt with a green center and green sleaves - we can print:

"intel core 2 duo leaves amd in the dirt"

then use amd's own shirt as the center
March 21, 2007 10:51:22 PM

Keep it up. You're half as bad as 9inch now.
March 21, 2007 10:55:54 PM

u must have humor in life!

funny thing with $100 am2 4200+++'s i am build more and more amd's - i am even building one for my kid - he's younger but he acts older!

what can i do with the free and ugly uncomfortable shirts? - cut out the center? and make intel "C2D rules" top and "amd left in the dirt" on bottom below the amd in mud symbol

u amd savior chip should ship in july or aug
March 21, 2007 11:02:53 PM

I don't really care for AMD or Intel like you do. You're the glorified and self proclaimed fanboy after all.
March 21, 2007 11:37:00 PM

Quote:
Keep it up. You're half as bad as 9inch now.

Does that make him a limp 4 1/2 inches?
March 21, 2007 11:43:10 PM

Yep. He's a limp noodle.
March 22, 2007 12:14:46 AM

Oh grow up.
March 22, 2007 1:38:34 AM

Dragon,

I think you should get and wear that shirt..

Be sure and order the "Carlos Mencia" DDD size!! ;) 

I am sure it will fit you nicely!!
March 22, 2007 2:38:24 PM

Quote:
Wait a minute, kid? I thought you said you were 16? :roll:

He types like a five year old!!! That, or he's ESL.
!