Does Anyone Else Dislike the Nintendo DS Stylus?

Last response: in Video Games
March 23, 2005 10:14:52 PM

I'm not sure what Nintendo was thinking when they introduced the stylus
for the Nintendo DS. It's a device that I have no interest in learning
to use, almost like that little robot that came with some of the old
Nintendo Entertainment Systems or those new drums that can be used with
Nintendo Gamecube.

I am really hoping that the first POKéMON RPG for the Nintendo DS will
not require using the stylus in order to play the game. Pushing a
button is an exact motion which can be performed very quickly, almost
like a variation on touch typing. If you have ever had to sign one of
those credit card screens at a checkout counter, you know how much of a
pain using a stylus on a screen can be.

- Chad
who says, "The more buttons, the merrier"
Anonymous
March 24, 2005 9:35:11 AM

"Chad Rushing" <notus00@aol.com> wrote in message
> I'm not sure what Nintendo was thinking when they introduced the stylus
for the Nintendo DS. It's a device that I have no interest in learning
to use, almost like that little robot that came with some of the old
Nintendo Entertainment Systems or those new drums that can be used with
Nintendo Gamecube.

>I am really hoping that the first POKéMON RPG for the Nintendo DS will
not require using the stylus in order to play the game. Pushing a
button is an exact motion which can be performed very quickly, almost
like a variation on touch typing. If you have ever had to sign one of
those credit card screens at a checkout counter, you know how much of a
pain using a stylus on a screen can be.
March 25, 2005 5:50:32 PM

Chad Rushing wrote:

> I am really hoping that the first POKéMON RPG for the Nintendo DS will
> not require using the stylus in order to play the game. Pushing a
> button is an exact motion which can be performed very quickly, almost
> like a variation on touch typing. If you have ever had to sign one of
> those credit card screens at a checkout counter, you know how much of a
> pain using a stylus on a screen can be.

Oh, yeah? Well, I hope it will require use of the stylus EXCLUSIVELY.
Let's not stop with simple point-and-click menus. Let's move the
character with the stylus, too. In fact, why don't we hand-write all
commands and names? How's that fit ya, fancy pants?

Joking aside, I imagine that the stylus would be used primarily for
minigames such as the Berry Blender/Crusher and the Game Corner, and
maybe a couple others they'll throw in just to make sure the stylus
isn't over-neglected. Also, considering the graphical power of the DS,
I'm hoping for 3D characters like in Pokemon Colosseum or at least Stadium.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

"To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass
is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs
to be." -- The Magic Engineer

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531
March 25, 2005 8:20:30 PM

"Matt" <winkstwo@sssnet.com> wrote in message

> "Chad Rushing" <notus00@aol.com> wrote in message
> I'm not sure what Nintendo was thinking when they introduced the stylus
> for the Nintendo DS. It's a device that I have no interest in learning
> to use, almost like that little robot that came with some of the old
> Nintendo Entertainment Systems or those new drums that can be used with
> Nintendo Gamecube.
>
> I am really hoping that the first POKéMON RPG for the Nintendo DS will
> not require using the stylus in order to play the game. Pushing a
> button is an exact motion which can be performed very quickly, almost
> like a variation on touch typing. If you have ever had to sign one of
> those credit card screens at a checkout counter, you know how much of a
> pain using a stylus on a screen can be.

You know on Pokemon games I really don't much care since they are turn
based...I just want one for DS!
!