Does Anyone Else Dislike the Nintendo DS Stylus?

I'm not sure what Nintendo was thinking when they introduced the stylus
for the Nintendo DS. It's a device that I have no interest in learning
to use, almost like that little robot that came with some of the old
Nintendo Entertainment Systems or those new drums that can be used with
Nintendo Gamecube.

I am really hoping that the first POKéMON RPG for the Nintendo DS will
not require using the stylus in order to play the game. Pushing a
button is an exact motion which can be performed very quickly, almost
like a variation on touch typing. If you have ever had to sign one of
those credit card screens at a checkout counter, you know how much of a
pain using a stylus on a screen can be.

- Chad
who says, "The more buttons, the merrier"
4 answers Last reply
More about does dislike nintendo stylus

    "Chad Rushing" <notus00@aol.com> wrote in message
    > I'm not sure what Nintendo was thinking when they introduced the stylus
    for the Nintendo DS. It's a device that I have no interest in learning
    to use, almost like that little robot that came with some of the old
    Nintendo Entertainment Systems or those new drums that can be used with
    Nintendo Gamecube.

    >I am really hoping that the first POKéMON RPG for the Nintendo DS will
    not require using the stylus in order to play the game. Pushing a
    button is an exact motion which can be performed very quickly, almost
    like a variation on touch typing. If you have ever had to sign one of
    those credit card screens at a checkout counter, you know how much of a
    pain using a stylus on a screen can be.

    Seriously you guys, I don't know how that posted 4 times. Sorry!
    --
    fluxxdog
    www.bellsouthpwp.net/f/l/fluxxdog

    Chad Rushing wrote:

    > I am really hoping that the first POKéMON RPG for the Nintendo DS will
    > not require using the stylus in order to play the game. Pushing a
    > button is an exact motion which can be performed very quickly, almost
    > like a variation on touch typing. If you have ever had to sign one of
    > those credit card screens at a checkout counter, you know how much of a
    > pain using a stylus on a screen can be.

    Oh, yeah? Well, I hope it will require use of the stylus EXCLUSIVELY.
    Let's not stop with simple point-and-click menus. Let's move the
    character with the stylus, too. In fact, why don't we hand-write all
    commands and names? How's that fit ya, fancy pants?

    Joking aside, I imagine that the stylus would be used primarily for
    minigames such as the Berry Blender/Crusher and the Game Corner, and
    maybe a couple others they'll throw in just to make sure the stylus
    isn't over-neglected. Also, considering the graphical power of the DS,
    I'm hoping for 3D characters like in Pokemon Colosseum or at least Stadium.

    --

    Chet "Tech" Weaver

    "To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass
    is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs
    to be." -- The Magic Engineer

    AIM: PanGatomon
    MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
    eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
    Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
    ICQ: 122744531

    "Matt" <winkstwo@sssnet.com> wrote in message

    > "Chad Rushing" <notus00@aol.com> wrote in message
    > I'm not sure what Nintendo was thinking when they introduced the stylus
    > for the Nintendo DS. It's a device that I have no interest in learning
    > to use, almost like that little robot that came with some of the old
    > Nintendo Entertainment Systems or those new drums that can be used with
    > Nintendo Gamecube.
    >
    > I am really hoping that the first POKéMON RPG for the Nintendo DS will
    > not require using the stylus in order to play the game. Pushing a
    > button is an exact motion which can be performed very quickly, almost
    > like a variation on touch typing. If you have ever had to sign one of
    > those credit card screens at a checkout counter, you know how much of a
    > pain using a stylus on a screen can be.

    You know on Pokemon games I really don't much care since they are turn
    based...I just want one for DS!

Stylus Games Nintendo Video Games