kainokai

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
No, it's not a fresh Windows install, maybe that can be a problem... but, this morning it managed to go to the windows lading screen for the first time, then blue screen and reset :x yay! haha

alcattle
As for the Boot/IDE Time Delay, i cannot find an option for that anywhere on the mobo, and Gigabytes suggestion was for detecing a hard drive. My hard drive gets detected, but just cannot boot windows

mapex
yea, the HDD is detected. i've tried booting with the Optical drive at the end of the IDE cable as the master and the HDD as the slave. Before that i had AAttempted to boot the other way around, with the HDD as the master at the end of he cable and the Optical Drive as the slave, second on the cable. while doing this i have set the jumpers to master when the drive was master, and slave when it was slave (for both drives)

g-paw
i havnt/didn't know about a diagnostic software from hitachi, maybe my hdd is a bit too old.

i think i'll go buy Vista and a new HDD later.... just kidding XP all the way....

i just hope i dont get the same error trying to boot up the drives for the Windows install..

(^.^)V - any more advice? i'd like to not spend anymore money at the moment :oops: