No Wifi driver on support disk of wifi enabed P5W DH Deluxe.

tommygunn

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2007
Hi all,
Well I got my home build all up and running perfectly with zero problems. However, ASUS supplied me with a support disk that has no 'support' for the motherboard's Wifi capability i.e. no driver/cd based instruction.
This is all quite odd since the m/board is wifi enabled, has a card, has an antenna and the instruction manuals give full instruction but alas zilch on the cd.
Can someone provide me with info and the route to take in obtaining the driver/info etc to get this up and running.
Tom.

Sheepish

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
The Wireless Driver is on my P5WDH drive disk :|
Disk says "CD Rev.228.02" on it, might yours be earlier? (although still strange that the driver wouldnt be there).

On the disc menu the wireless driver is called "Realtek TRL8187 Wireless Ethernet Driver" and on the disc itself theyre in a folder under Drivers\Wireless.

tommygunn

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2007
My disk is version 228.03 and all I have listed on the 'Utilities' is:
ASUS Install - Installation Wizard for Utilities
ASUS PC Probe II
ASUS Update
ASUS Ai Booster
EzRaid Manager Utility
ADOBE Acrobat Reader V7.0
Microsoft DirectX 9.0c
Anti-Virus Utility
ASUS Screen Saver

According to the picture in the manual I'm missing the following:
Marvell Yukon VCT Application
Wi-fi Solo
ASUS DH Remote(Has installed and is functioning from general 'ASUS install')
EZ-Backup Manager Utility

tamalero

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
My disk is version 228.03 and all I have listed on the 'Utilities' is:
ASUS Install - Installation Wizard for Utilities
ASUS PC Probe II
ASUS Update
ASUS Ai Booster
EzRaid Manager Utility
ADOBE Acrobat Reader V7.0
Microsoft DirectX 9.0c
Anti-Virus Utility
ASUS Screen Saver

According to the picture in the manual I'm missing the following:
Marvell Yukon VCT Application
Wi-fi Solo
ASUS DH Remote(Has installed and is functioning from general 'ASUS install')
EZ-Backup Manager Utility

maybe you should go to asus and download it? using another computer, get it on a cd, then put it on your computer? o_O
ps, the marvel utilities are usually in another cd ( at least thats what my asus a8v-deluxe had, until I switched to my a8n-E wich doesnt have yukon chipset)

tommygunn

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2007
Just to update that both have been done. Only things that I ommitted is the installation of 'Anti-Virus Utility' and 'ASUS Screen Saver' since I had no use for them.
Still no mention of Wifi on either.

conroe

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2006
I see them on my CD,
D:DRIVERS/WIRELESS/WINXP

You may need to goto device manager and find it, (it should have a yellow question mark) and update the driver from this location.

tommygunn

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2007
Thanks for that. I found all the stuff and have attempted to set it up but to no avail.
Would someone mind walking me through it.
I've tried 'AsusSetup' and InstallShield 'Setup' and both appear to do the same thng.
I get 'ASUS Wifi-AP Solo' folder in my 'My programs' but it only seems to contain some meaningless stuff.
Basically I get no activation, desktop icon or tray icon, so I'm stuck.

PCD

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
Thanks for that. I found all the stuff and have attempted to set it up but to no avail.
Would someone mind walking me through it.
I've tried 'AsusSetup' and InstallShield 'Setup' and both appear to do the same thng.
I get 'ASUS Wifi-AP Solo' folder in my 'My programs' but it only seems to contain some meaningless stuff.
Basically I get no activation, desktop icon or tray icon, so I'm stuck.
If you install the driver from the device manager you need to find an .inf file on the CD.

Mayiko21

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2007
I had this same problem with both of my ASUS boards. The driver is there, it is just on the CD and not put in the menu for some reason. I don't have the same board as you or I would help you find it. This is something ASUS does all the time it seems like.

tommygunn

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2007
Still no dice with this and I've tried all the above. Any more ideas short of actually getting hold of a cd with the application in the menu?