Windows 2000 update 56K Modem

I need to install IE6 sp1 on my fathers computer.
I have broadband he only has a slow 56k modem.
So I figured I would download it for him but I cant see
how to. This is because when I download it it only
downloads the .exe and then the exe runs and says I am
already upto date. I know that !! but I want to get the
update patch to transfer to his PC.

Any ideas would be very helpfull...
2 answers Last reply
More about windows 2000 update modem
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    This article may help.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;257249

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Simon (England)" wrote:
    |I need to install IE6 sp1 on my fathers computer.
    | I have broadband he only has a slow 56k modem.
    | So I figured I would download it for him but I cant see
    | how to. This is because when I download it it only
    | downloads the .exe and then the exe runs and says I am
    | already upto date. I know that !! but I want to get the
    | update patch to transfer to his PC.
    |
    | Any ideas would be very helpfull...

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    "Dave Patrick" wrote:

    > This article may help.
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;257249
    >
    > --
    > Regards,

    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "Simon (England)" wrote:
    > |I need to install IE6 sp1 on my fathers computer.
    > | I have broadband he only has a slow 56k modem.
    > | So I figured I would download it for him but I cant see
    > | how to. This is because when I download it it only
    > | downloads the .exe and then the exe runs and says I am
    > | already upto date. I know that !! but I want to get the
    > | update patch to transfer to his PC.
    > |
    > | Any ideas would be very helpfull...
    > |

    > Hi!

    Download IEAK 6 for IE 6SP1.
    After the install, use Setup Manager.
    Click the component you want to download and click Synchronize.

Modem Windows 2000 Windows