Windows 2000 update 56K Modem

I need to install IE6 sp1 on my fathers computer.
I have broadband he only has a slow 56k modem.
So I figured I would download it for him but I cant see
how to. This is because when I download it it only
downloads the .exe and then the exe runs and says I am
already upto date. I know that !! but I want to get the
update patch to transfer to his PC.

Any ideas would be very helpfull...

This article may help.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;257249

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> This article may help.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;257249
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Simon (England)" wrote:
> |I need to install IE6 sp1 on my fathers computer.
> | I have broadband he only has a slow 56k modem.
> | So I figured I would download it for him but I cant see
> | how to. This is because when I download it it only
> | downloads the .exe and then the exe runs and says I am
> | already upto date. I know that !! but I want to get the
> | update patch to transfer to his PC.
> |
> | Any ideas would be very helpfull...
> |

> Hi!

Download IEAK 6 for IE 6SP1.
After the install, use Setup Manager.
Click the component you want to download and click Synchronize.