Connect Internet through Desktop Internet Connection

June 17, 2005 3:26:08 PM

I synchronised my O2 Mini to my Desktop which have a broadband connection.
The connection on my Today showed that "The Internet" PC Connected, can
anyone tell me is the internet directly connected through my Desktop line
which I have an unlimited d/l plan?
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 2:26:10 AM

"Hastan" <h.hastan@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I synchronised my O2 Mini to my Desktop which have a broadband connection.
>The connection on my Today showed that "The Internet" PC Connected, can
>anyone tell me is the internet directly connected through my Desktop line
>which I have an unlimited d/l plan?

Yes, when connected to a computer through ActiveSync your Pocket PC will be
using this computer's connection by default (unless you uncheck the option
on ActiveSync).

http://www.geekzone.co.nz
Software for Pocket PC and Smartphone: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
Software for Pocket PC directly on your device:
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/inhand.asp
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 12:09:32 PM

> Yes, when connected to a computer through ActiveSync your Pocket PC will
> be
> using this computer's connection by default (unless you uncheck the option
> on ActiveSync).

Is this applied to a pocket pc that with phone and gprs function? I am
afraid that there is charges applied to this internet connection by my phone
network provider.
Thanks.
June 20, 2005 5:15:00 PM

It applies to all Pocket PC types, and to Smartphones as well. On Smartphone
you have to change the connection settings to Automatic.

On your Pocket PC you can test this by turning the cellular radio off
(Flight Mode) and placing it in the cradle.

>> Yes, when connected to a computer through ActiveSync your Pocket PC will
>> be
>> using this computer's connection by default (unless you uncheck the
>> option on ActiveSync).
>

> Is this applied to a pocket pc that with phone and gprs function? I am
> afraid that there is charges applied to this internet connection by my
> phone network provider.
> Thanks.

Anonymous
June 20, 2005 5:15:01 PM

Yes, I tried to turn "on flight mode" on my first try of internet
connection through PC. To be truth, I just need an expert to confirm that
there's no additional charges for this connection since GPRS just cost too
much.
Thanks MVP.

"Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
> It applies to all Pocket PC types, and to Smartphones as well. On
> Smartphone you have to change the connection settings to Automatic.
>
> On your Pocket PC you can test this by turning the cellular radio off
> (Flight Mode) and placing it in the cradle.

> http://www.geekzone.co.nz
> Software for Pocket PC and Smartphone: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
> Software for Pocket PC directly on your device:
> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/inhand.asp
>

> "Hastan" <h.hastan@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> Yes, when connected to a computer through ActiveSync your Pocket PC will
>>> be
>>> using this computer's connection by default (unless you uncheck the
>>> option on ActiveSync).
>>

>> Is this applied to a pocket pc that with phone and gprs function? I am
>> afraid that there is charges applied to this internet connection by my
>> phone network provider.
>> Thanks.

Anonymous
June 20, 2005 9:35:02 PM

Yes, I understand. The GPRS connectio will not be used when the Pocket PC
Phone is in the cradle and ActiveSync passthrough is used.

!