Best way to hook up my Geforce 8800 GTS to my Sony TV?

Bighairyman

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
So my 42 inch Sony TV has a HDMI, VGA, and component inputs. How should I hook up the 8800 GTS to the TV. Should I use a VGA to DVI cable or HDMI to DVI cable? Or another option? I'm looking for the best picture and res of course. Thanks guys...

firemist

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
Use both VGA and HDMI and run it dual screen. VGA for the PC and HDMI for video overlays and DVD. Set resolutions accordingly. HDMI will give you the ability to play HDCP material.

sirheck

Splendid
Feb 24, 2006
So my 42 inch Sony TV has a HDMI, VGA, and component inputs. How should I hook up the 8800 GTS to the TV. Should I use a VGA to DVI cable or HDMI to DVI cable? Or another option? I'm looking for the best picture and res of course. Thanks guys...

if your tv has a dvi input, use it.
if it only has an hdmi input.

then use a dvi to hdmi cable/adaptor.

JohnSup

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2007
use dvi to hdmi cable. use a cable that is already dvi to hdmi and not an hdmi cable with a dvi adapter or vise versa. The reason dvi to hdmi is better is because it sends a digital signal and just has the best connection right now (hdmi). I sell these tvs so I have some experience with hooking them up and looking at them all day.

Jodym2

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
My Sony 32" Hi Scan is old DVI So I use straight DVI but DVI is the best connector you have coming out of your Video Card and HDMI is the best connector you have on your T.V. since they make a Cable it is obviously the best choice