Sign in with
Your question

Best way to hook up my Geforce 8800 GTS to my Sony TV?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 21, 2007 6:23:18 PM

So my 42 inch Sony TV has a HDMI, VGA, and component inputs. How should I hook up the 8800 GTS to the TV. Should I use a VGA to DVI cable or HDMI to DVI cable? Or another option? I'm looking for the best picture and res of course. Thanks guys...
March 21, 2007 6:50:37 PM

Use both VGA and HDMI and run it dual screen. VGA for the PC and HDMI for video overlays and DVD. Set resolutions accordingly. HDMI will give you the ability to play HDCP material.
March 21, 2007 9:30:28 PM

But if I'm not interested in having dual monitors...is using dvi to hdmi or dvi to vga going to be better for PC use on my TV?
Related resources
March 22, 2007 2:47:55 AM

Just a few ?
What model Sony
What do you plan to do with it?
March 22, 2007 3:02:35 AM

Quote:
So my 42 inch Sony TV has a HDMI, VGA, and component inputs. How should I hook up the 8800 GTS to the TV. Should I use a VGA to DVI cable or HDMI to DVI cable? Or another option? I'm looking for the best picture and res of course. Thanks guys...

if your tv has a dvi input, use it.
if it only has an hdmi input.

then use a dvi to hdmi cable/adaptor.
March 22, 2007 4:40:15 AM

Quote:
Just a few ?
What model Sony
What do you plan to do with it?

The model is KDF-E42A10 lcd projection (I know I should have waited) and it's primary used for gaming.
March 22, 2007 5:29:56 AM

use dvi to hdmi cable. use a cable that is already dvi to hdmi and not an hdmi cable with a dvi adapter or vise versa. The reason dvi to hdmi is better is because it sends a digital signal and just has the best connection right now (hdmi). I sell these tvs so I have some experience with hooking them up and looking at them all day.
March 26, 2007 4:33:11 AM

My Sony 32" Hi Scan is old DVI So I use straight DVI but DVI is the best connector you have coming out of your Video Card and HDMI is the best connector you have on your T.V. since they make a Cable it is obviously the best choice
!