Mobo for the Techs out there

rmicro1

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2006
I just received a ECS RS400-A Socket 775 motherboard.
http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Pr...goryID=1&DetailName=Feature&MenuID=44&LanID=0
The reason I got this motherboard is that it supports AGP, PCI Express, SATA, IDE, DDR and DDR2.

Now I don't have to have a different motherboards to test cards and memory. I purchased a cheap Celeron D 352 3.2Ghz and 512Mb PC-5400 DDR2 Crucial RAM just to run the board.

I will post again to update how it runs. I just wanted to share for the techs out there a decent board with lots of options and I got it for around $90 Canadian and it has 3 years warranty.

rmicro1

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2006
Ok, so I've finally got this motherboard running. Again, since it's just a machine for testing parts and troubleshooting, I put a measily Celeron 3.2GHz chip in it. I also put 1Gb of Corsair value DDR2 667 RAM in it. Got a small 80Gb SATA Seagate hard drive for the OS which is Ubuntu 7.01 Linux.

Overall, the system runs great. Still refreshing myself with Linux but the motherboard is very stable.

I threw in my Nvidia 7800 GS AGP card into the AGP Express slot and it worked good. So if that card works, than I'd think it'd be compatible with almost any AGP video card.

Overall, I recommend this board for the technicians out there than need a good machine for testing with.