02/09 updates

This was posted in another thred, but for those who didn't get it, here
it is:

Game

* Enabled Global Chat Server Beta

City Zones

* Founder’s Falls: Removed spawns near some mission contacts.

Powers

* Change to Devouring Earth pet beacons. They will no longer buff
each other of the same type (i.e. cairns will no longer buff other
cairns).
* Decreased END cost of Teleport Foe and Teleport Friend (also
Warshade versions).
* Decreases chance foes will be alerted when you Teleport Foe. Also,
if you miss with Teleport Foe, enemies will not be alerted (also Warshade
versions).
* Fixed a bug that caused the END cost of Hasten to be increased if
you use a power like Power Boost.
* Fixed animation bug in Dark Miasma/Tar Patch.
* Fixed missing Ice f/x for Ancillary ice armors.
* Tanker/Super Strength/Rage will now only drain 25% of your
Endurance, but will leave you unable to affect other targets (cannot
attack) for 10 seconds when the buff wears off. Also, updated short and
long help (Rage always gave an ACC bonus, but this was never on the
description).
* Fixed an animation bug in Dark Miasma/Tar Patch.
* Fixed: Practiced Brawler, Ice Patch, Recovery Aura animations from
activating before the power is completely recharged.
* Fixed numerous text bugs with tooltip help for Peacebringer and
Warshade powers.
* Fixed bug with Power Boost that made Hasten cost more endurance.
* Defense bonuses no longer stack against attacks with more than one
damage type. For example, Dark Melee/Shadow Punch does both Smashing and
Dark damage. If the attack is used against an opponent with defense
bonuses that apply to both damage types, only the largest single defense
bonus will be used. This change also applies to villains that do more
than one type of damage to heroes.

Tasks

* Shadow Shard: Changed all Kora Fruit missions so they require some
combat to complete.

Game Stability

* Fixed several rare client and server crashes.

--
Marcel

Marcel Beaudoin <mbeauINVALID@sympaINVALIDtico.ca> wrote:

> * Enabled Global Chat Server Beta

What is this? Did Europeans also get this with today's patch?

~T.

Thomas Adams wrote:
> Marcel Beaudoin <mbeauINVALID@sympaINVALIDtico.ca> wrote:
>
>> * Enabled Global Chat Server Beta
>
> What is this? Did Europeans also get this with today's patch?

Not that kind of Global.

Cross-server chat. But only US servers.

--
| Victory Server: |
| Bex - Level 33 Blaster (Assault Rifle/Devices) |

John Parkinson <jp--usenet--spam--trap@destiny.org.uk> wrote:
> Cross-server chat. But only US servers.

Huh. Since you can't share *anything* across servers, is there any point to
this except being able to yack with friends who might be playing on another
server?

Seems really pointless to me, given the server-isolated, server-focused
nature of everything about the game's implementation. I mean, why don't
they let you browse the internet at the info kiosks while they're at it? :p

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-

In article <Xns95F98F7BE5BA7nitropressatnitrosyn@216.168.3.44>,
Shenanigunner wrote:
> John Parkinson <jp--usenet--spam--trap@destiny.org.uk> wrote:
>> Cross-server chat. But only US servers.
>
> Huh. Since you can't share *anything* across servers, is there any point to
> this except being able to yack with friends who might be playing on another
> server?
>
> Seems really pointless to me, given the server-isolated, server-focused
> nature of everything about the game's implementation. I mean, why don't
> they let you browse the internet at the info kiosks while they're at it? :p

Some people use other servers for wasting time playing with alt concepts
that wouldn't work on their "prime time" server.

Some people play on two or more different servers because they're
members of different groups who aren't inclined to concentrate on one
server.

The "Global Friends List" would let them know when any of the people
they team with on their primary server show up to play.

It also works on the Test Server.

Global Tell and Global Friends List are gold. As far as the Global Chat
Channels... well, yeah, that's not such a big deal that it's
cross-server.

You may not get a lot of mileage out of it, but for some people it's
extremely useful.

--
--- An' thou dost not get caught, do as thou wilt shall be the law ---
"Religion disperses like a fog, kingdoms perish, but the works of

Shenanigunner wrote:
> John Parkinson <jp--usenet--spam--trap@destiny.org.uk> wrote:
>> Cross-server chat. But only US servers.
>
> Huh. Since you can't share *anything* across servers, is there any point to
> this except being able to yack with friends who might be playing on another
> server?
>
> Seems really pointless to me, given the server-isolated, server-focused
> nature of everything about the game's implementation. I mean, why don't
> they let you browse the internet at the info kiosks while they're at it? :p

Uses I can see:

1 - You're subscribed based on user account rather than character so even
on the same server it's useful since you can see when people are playing
without having a full set of their alts in your friends list.
(eg, when I want to see if my brother's playing)

2 - You can create your own private chat channels and that'll be nicer
than /tell all the time to, again eg, my brother when we're wanting to
talk

Then consider that if I had some alts on a different server than my
brother (we're both on Victory atm, but I could see that I might want to
play on a different server for some reason...) then I would still be able
to see that he's online and chat to him even if he's on Victory and I'm
on, say, Infinity. Now that's useful.

--

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 22:13:39 +0000 (UTC), sw <sw@eyrie.org> wrote:

> Some people play on two or more different servers because they're
> members of different groups who aren't inclined to concentrate on
> one server.

And some people are members of "metasupergroups" (hey, I never
metasupergroup I didn't like!) like the Paragon Taxi Service which
have branches on all servers; a global chat channel for such a group
would help them coordinate having active members on all servers where
they were needed.

--
Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
Robotech_Master |
| http://www.terrania.us/conga.html

John Parkinson <jp--usenet--spam--trap@destiny.org.uk> wrote:
> 1 - You're subscribed based on user account rather than character so
> even on the same server it's useful since you can see when people are
> playing without having a full set of their alts in your friends list.
> (eg, when I want to see if my brother's playing)

That would be nice.

> 2 - You can create your own private chat channels and that'll be nicer
> than /tell all the time to, again eg, my brother when we're wanting to
> talk

....and that.

I still don't see much use for being able to chat cross-server, but as a
way to keep track of specific other player easily, it's quite nice.

--

Shenanigunner wrote:
> I still don't see much use for being able to chat cross-server, but as
> a way to keep track of specific other player easily, it's quite nice.

It would've been really handy for my supergroup on Liberty, since we all
had alts scattered across the other servers. If I wanted to hook up with
my friends, I previously had to hang out on Liberty. A friends-list
alone isn't good enough, because it doesn't tell you whether the other
guy is looking to team up. With chat, it's much easier -- you can tell
the other guy whether you're sticking around a while, just dropping by
for a minute, soloing, looking for a team, etc.

It's not a big deal for us anymore, since we now use Teamspeak for the
same thing, but it would've been nice way back.
--
Bradd W. Szonye
http://www.szonye.com/bradd

"Marcel Beaudoin" <mbeauINVALID@sympaINVALIDtico.ca> wrote in message
<snip official listing of changes>

In addition, setting your mission difficulty higher seems to give additional
xp for instanced missions.

TRENDING THREADS