Backup

Hello,

I try to make a backup of my Windows XP laptop with its backup tool but it
requires me a floppy disk which is too small of course for my HD. Please
let me know how to do a proper backup to my CD recorder with its backup
tool. Thank you vary much indeed.

Sincerely yours,

Prof. André Luiz Tietböhl Ramos, M.Sc.
Ph.D. candidate
Virginia Tech
Professor, Departamento de Engenharia Mecânica e Mecatrônica, PUC/RS

Check here http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/saving_files_to_cd.htm
However I strongly suggest that you purchase decent backup software. Backup
MyPC is the full featured version of the application XP uses. It will backup
directly to CD and DVD as well as do a host of other things that were
stripped out of the watered down version XP ships with.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"Prof. André Luiz Tietböhl Ramos, M.Sc." <andreltramos@terra.com.br> wrote
in message news:%23AJWEcYNFHA.2680@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
>
> I try to make a backup of my Windows XP laptop with its backup tool but it
> requires me a floppy disk which is too small of course for my HD. Please
> let me know how to do a proper backup to my CD recorder with its backup
> tool. Thank you vary much indeed.
>
> Sincerely yours,
>
> Prof. André Luiz Tietböhl Ramos, M.Sc.
> Ph.D. candidate
> Virginia Tech
> Professor, Departamento de Engenharia Mecânica e Mecatrônica, PUC/RS

br549

Backup the data to a disk file and then burn it to a cd, XP's backup feature
isn't smart enough to write to a cd.

"Prof. André Luiz Tietböhl Ramos, M.Sc." <andreltramos@terra.com.br> wrote
in message news:%23AJWEcYNFHA.2680@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
Hello,

I try to make a backup of my Windows XP laptop with its backup tool but it
requires me a floppy disk which is too small of course for my HD. Please
let me know how to do a proper backup to my CD recorder with its backup
tool. Thank you vary much indeed.

Sincerely yours,

Prof. André Luiz Tietböhl Ramos, M.Sc.
Ph.D. candidate
Virginia Tech
Professor, Departamento de Engenharia Mecânica e Mecatrônica, PUC/RS

Blair

"Prof. André Luiz Tietböhl Ramos, M.Sc." <andreltramos@terra.com.br> wrote
in message news:%23AJWEcYNFHA.2680@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
>
> I try to make a backup of my Windows XP laptop with its backup tool but it
> requires me a floppy disk which is too small of course for my HD. Please
> let me know how to do a proper backup to my CD recorder with its backup
> tool. Thank you vary much indeed.
>
> Sincerely yours,
>
> Prof. André Luiz Tietböhl Ramos, M.Sc.
> Ph.D. candidate
> Virginia Tech
> Professor, Departamento de Engenharia Mecânica e Mecatrônica, PUC/RS

I would strongly recommend Acronis True Image which is easy to understand
and use and enables a direct backup to a CD.
The XP backup system is pretty useless
Blair