Windows 2000 Add/Remove Windows Compents ntoc.dll error

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
November 11, 2004 2:03:52 PM

I need to install WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) on a
Windows 2000 with SP4. When I click on Add/Remove Windows Compents, I
get the following error:

Setup library ntoc.dll could not be loaded, or function NtOcSetupProc
could not be found. Contact your system administrator. The specific
error code is 0x7f.

This is a new computer. I did a BIOS update and Windows critical
updates and still got this error.
Anonymous
November 12, 2004 10:59:58 AM

Hi Laura,

Thanks for posting!

Based on my research, this issue may occur if the file ntoc.dll is
corrupted during the installation of the Windows 2000.

We may try to extract a new file from the setup CD-ROM.

Suppose your CD-ROM driver letter is D:\

The command line to extract it will be like below:

"expand d:\i386\ntoc.dl_ c:\winnt\system32\ntoc.dll " (without the
quotation marks)

NOTE: Please perform the steps in Safe mode.

Then try to open the Add/Remove Programs panel again.

Hope it helps!

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Jeff Qiu