Converting an existing NT 4 Perc2 raid partition for 2000 ..

To make a long story short, the NT 4 partition wouldn't boot after an install
of PCAnywhere 9 and I had to install a new copy of Win 2k on the boot
partition. This went Ok except for the fact that since this was a fresh
install instead of an upgrade, the additional partition (which is where the
data that I need to get to is) was not mounted.

Win 2k sees the partition but states that the drive is "inaccessible" even
though it shows up in disk admin as a healthy partition.

I tried running convert but it says that the partition is already NTFS.

Anybody got any other ideas how I can get Win 2k to read the drive? I only
need to grab the databases off it nothing more.

Thanks for any assistance,
1 answer Last reply
More about converting existing perc2 raid partition 2000
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    Did you assign it a drive letter?

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "ManyHats" wrote:
    | To make a long story short, the NT 4 partition wouldn't boot after an
    install
    | of PCAnywhere 9 and I had to install a new copy of Win 2k on the boot
    | partition. This went Ok except for the fact that since this was a fresh
    | install instead of an upgrade, the additional partition (which is where
    the
    | data that I need to get to is) was not mounted.
    |
    | Win 2k sees the partition but states that the drive is "inaccessible" even
    | though it shows up in disk admin as a healthy partition.
    |
    | I tried running convert but it says that the partition is already NTFS.
    |
    | Anybody got any other ideas how I can get Win 2k to read the drive? I only
    | need to grab the databases off it nothing more.
    |
    | Thanks for any assistance,

NAS / RAID Partition Windows