Converting an existing NT 4 Perc2 raid partition for 2000 ..

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
November 15, 2004 3:03:01 AM

To make a long story short, the NT 4 partition wouldn't boot after an install
of PCAnywhere 9 and I had to install a new copy of Win 2k on the boot
partition. This went Ok except for the fact that since this was a fresh
install instead of an upgrade, the additional partition (which is where the
data that I need to get to is) was not mounted.

Win 2k sees the partition but states that the drive is "inaccessible" even
though it shows up in disk admin as a healthy partition.

I tried running convert but it says that the partition is already NTFS.

Anybody got any other ideas how I can get Win 2k to read the drive? I only
need to grab the databases off it nothing more.

Thanks for any assistance,
Anonymous
November 15, 2004 10:44:16 AM

Did you assign it a drive letter?