Need some help in Ruby - beginner

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Hi guys,

My son has reached the point in the Ruby game where hes going to batte
the fab four. But hes sort of used all his money caching pokemon in the
Safari zone. And he has battled all the trainers he has met on his way
through the game - so he does not know how to earn money enough to buy
the items (heals and that sort) he needs to beat the fab 4.

Can someone give me a tip on how to make money without cheating ?

ilDoc
10 answers Last reply
More about need ruby beginner
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, ilDocteur wrote:
    > Can someone give me a tip on how to make money without cheating ?

    Open the Trainer's Eyes section of the PokéeNav In it, you'll find a list
    of trainers who can sometimes want to fight again, plus gym leaders (who
    never want to fight again). The ones looking for another fight will be
    shown with a blinking Pokeball next to their name. As you scroll through
    the list, the highlighted trainers will have the route they're on listed, so
    they'll be rather easy to find again. For big money, have the leading
    Pokemon hold the Amulet Coin (available from your Mother after you beat
    Norman, your father) and fight Rich Boy Winston as much as possible - he
    challenges rather frequently and will be worth around $15000 (with the Coin)
    per fight after the first couple of rematches.

    --
    "...there are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot
    easily be duplicated by a normal, kindly family man who just comes into
    work every day and has a job to do." [Terry Pratchett, "Small Gods"]
    http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~aa343/index.html
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    In <424c3fa3$0$154$edfadb0f@dread11.news.tele.dk>,
    ilDocteur took 11 lines to utter:

    >Hi guys,
    >
    >My son has reached the point in the Ruby game where hes going to batte
    >the fab four. But hes sort of used all his money caching pokemon in the
    >Safari zone. And he has battled all the trainers he has met on his way
    >through the game - so he does not know how to earn money enough to buy
    >the items (heals and that sort) he needs to beat the fab 4.
    >
    >Can someone give me a tip on how to make money without cheating ?
    >
    >ilDoc

    Give the amulet coin (given to you by "mom") to the pokemon
    in the first position, or at least ensure that the pokemon holding
    the amulet coin participates in battles. Now find the interviewers
    named Gaby and Ty -- they follow a pattern: right and down from
    Lavaridge; right and surf from Mauville; right from Fortree. They
    will be holding Whismur/Loudred/Exploud and Magnemite/Magneton.
    When you beat them, you get double money because of the amulet
    coin. Just follow them around and keep fighting them. Answering
    the interview questions are optional.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Use the coin that the others told you about and go to the mystery house.
    It resets.
    Try and hit all the trainers in it before finding the owner.


    ilDocteur wrote:

    > Hi guys,
    >
    > My son has reached the point in the Ruby game where hes going to batte
    > the fab four. But hes sort of used all his money caching pokemon in the
    > Safari zone. And he has battled all the trainers he has met on his way
    > through the game - so he does not know how to earn money enough to buy
    > the items (heals and that sort) he needs to beat the fab 4.
    >
    > Can someone give me a tip on how to make money without cheating ?
    >
    > ilDoc


    --
    Richard The Blind Typer
    Lets Hear It For Talking Computers.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Hi Everybody thanks for you kind help.

    One question though. It seems that my son has sold his Amulet Coin. Is
    there any way to get it back ?

    Where is the mystery house ?

    ilDocteur


    richard e white wrote:
    > Use the coin that the others told you about and go to the mystery house.
    > It resets.
    > Try and hit all the trainers in it before finding the owner.
    >
    >
    > ilDocteur wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Hi guys,
    >>
    >>My son has reached the point in the Ruby game where hes going to batte
    >>the fab four. But hes sort of used all his money caching pokemon in the
    >>Safari zone. And he has battled all the trainers he has met on his way
    >>through the game - so he does not know how to earn money enough to buy
    >>the items (heals and that sort) he needs to beat the fab 4.
    >>
    >>Can someone give me a tip on how to make money without cheating ?
    >>
    >>ilDoc
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Richard The Blind Typer
    > Lets Hear It For Talking Computers.
    >
    >
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    No you have to restart the game, get one in a trade or use a cheat machine.
    And I don't think most people would give away there only lucky coine either.

    as to the house I had the name wrong it is the trick house on route 110

    To get into the good stuff you have to go into the first room and watch for a
    spark as you do. the owner of the house is hiden. the spark is where he is
    hideing that time. go to that spot and A click on it. the old man will talk
    to you and then tell you to go to the scrool that is a speachal door at the
    back of the room. after that it is diffrent every time. the first time you
    enter a room that has to doors and behind each door is a diffrent kind of
    trainer. Some use great defence, others use great attacks.
    but you can back up and get all the trainers if you fight them all before
    fighting the old man. at first each door leads to two doors but at a point
    they start comeing togeather again.
    But once you clear the house and fight the old man you go out a diffrent way
    and the house resets.
    but the old man might be hideing in a diffrent place in the room and there
    will be a diffrent maze.


    --
    Richard The Blind Typer
    Lets Hear It For Talking Computers.


    ildocteur wrote:

    > Hi Everybody thanks for you kind help.
    >
    > One question though. It seems that my son has sold his Amulet Coin. Is
    > there any way to get it back ?
    >
    > Where is the mystery house ?
    >
    > ilDocteur
    >
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "ildocteur" <ildocteur@theportalwithy.com> wrote in message
    news:4255aa86$0$149$edfadb0f@dread11.news.tele.dk...
    > Hi Everybody thanks for you kind help.
    >
    > One question though. It seems that my son has sold his Amulet Coin. Is
    > there any way to get it back ?
    >
    > Where is the mystery house ?

    Maybe with a lot of luck he can win one in the Lilycove lottery but
    otherwise he is out of luck if he doesn't have a game to trade it over
    from...hopefully he didn't sell experience share as well.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "Raph" <raphs@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:%uv5e.9362$uw2.2223@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
    > "ildocteur" <ildocteur@theportalwithy.com> wrote in message
    > news:4255aa86$0$149$edfadb0f@dread11.news.tele.dk...
    >> Hi Everybody thanks for you kind help.
    >>
    >> One question though. It seems that my son has sold his Amulet Coin. Is
    >> there any way to get it back ?
    >>
    >> Where is the mystery house ?
    >
    > Maybe with a lot of luck he can win one in the Lilycove lottery but
    > otherwise he is out of luck if he doesn't have a game to trade it over
    > from...hopefully he didn't sell experience share as well.

    I was wrong the one you can win in the lottery is the experience share :

    Lottery Prizes:
    Match all the numbers - Master ball
    Match 4 numbers - Max revive
    Match 3 numbers - Exp. share
    Match 2 numbers - PP up
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Again thanks for the help.

    What does the Expirence share do ?

    IlDoc


    Raph wrote:
    > "Raph" <raphs@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > news:%uv5e.9362$uw2.2223@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
    >
    >>"ildocteur" <ildocteur@theportalwithy.com> wrote in message
    >>news:4255aa86$0$149$edfadb0f@dread11.news.tele.dk...
    >>
    >>>Hi Everybody thanks for you kind help.
    >>>
    >>>One question though. It seems that my son has sold his Amulet Coin. Is
    >>>there any way to get it back ?
    >>>
    >>>Where is the mystery house ?
    >>
    >>Maybe with a lot of luck he can win one in the Lilycove lottery but
    >>otherwise he is out of luck if he doesn't have a game to trade it over
    >>from...hopefully he didn't sell experience share as well.
    >
    >
    > I was wrong the one you can win in the lottery is the experience share :
    >
    > Lottery Prizes:
    > Match all the numbers - Master ball
    > Match 4 numbers - Max revive
    > Match 3 numbers - Exp. share
    > Match 2 numbers - PP up
    >
    >
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    ilDocteur wrote:
    > Again thanks for the help.
    >
    > What does the Expirence share do ?

    Splits XP between the fighting pokemon and the pokemon holding it, if it
    didn't battle. If it did battle, then it splits it *and* it gets a
    little extra for being in the fight.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
    news:isudnUUB88sGu8XfRVn-pQ@rcn.net...
    > ilDocteur wrote:
    >> Again thanks for the help.
    >>
    >> What does the Expirence share do ?
    >
    > Splits XP between the fighting pokemon and the pokemon holding it, if it
    > didn't battle. If it did battle, then it splits it *and* it gets a little
    > extra for being in the fight.

    Great for raising weaker pokes til they are strong enough to fight on their
    own.
Ask a new question

Read More

Ruby Video Games