Win NT question...

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
December 7, 2004 1:26:59 PM

I have Windows NT workstation 4.0 installed on my home PC (got it from my
last place of work). The HD is using FAT not NTFS and has three partitions -
of which Drive C is the system partition where NT is installed.

I am having problems and have decided to just repalce NT with Win98 on this
machine (it's an older PC so can't install XP etc.. on it) This will do the
trick for what we use it for at home...

My question is this... All of our personal data is stored on the other
partitions - drive D and E. Can I format and install Win98 on the C
partition without having to backup all the data on my other two drives? ( i
do not have any means of backing it up really - floppies and that is it...)
or, will reformatting the C partition screw up the FAT? Does each partition
not have it's own FAT though??

Thanks,

Brad

More about : win question

Anonymous
December 7, 2004 11:35:42 PM

Normally it shouldn't be a problem but you can never afford to be in a
situation where you have no backups of critical data. Drives can and will
fail.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional