ldifde modify error

Mary

I'm using the following inetorgpersonpevent.ldf file:

dn: CN=ms-Exch-Assistant-Name,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=X
changetype: Modify
replace: lDAPDisplayName
lDAPDisplayName: msExchAssistantName
-

dn: CN=ms-Exch-LabeledURI,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=X
changetype: Modify
replace: lDAPDisplayName
lDAPDisplayName: msExchLabeledURI
-

dn: CN=ms-Exch-House-Identifier,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=X
changetype: Modify
replace: lDAPDisplayName
lDAPDisplayName: msExchHouseIdentifier
-

dn:
changetype: Modify
add: schemaUpdateNow
schemaUpdateNow: 1
-

This is straight out of the Microsoft article 314649. I'm trying to reset
the Exchange schema items before I run ADPrep /forestprep as they suggest.

When I type the following command:

ldife -i -f inetorgpersonpevent.ldf -v -c DC=X "dc=haa05,dc=haa,dc=ad"

I get the following:

Connecting ot "haa05.haa.ad"
Logging in as current user using SSPI
Importing directory from file "inetorgpersonpevent.ldf"
Error occured during initialization
File operation failure
0 entries modified successfully.
An error has occurred in the program.

I have never used ldifde before, I looked at several articles about it was
not able to resolve the problem.

All help would be appreciated.

Thanks
--
Mary Parkhouse

Mary

I found the solution. Two problems:

1. In the script lDAPDisplayName should be LDAPDisplayName everywhere it is
found.

2. In the cmd line DC=X "dc=haa05,dc=haa,dc=ad" should be DC=X
"dc=haa,dc=ad"

I found this in the microsoft article 325379 thanks to another post in this
newsgroup.

Hope this helps someone else.

Mary