Newbie Here

June 17, 2005 9:27:55 PM

Hi there,

Have been using my Mitac Mio 168 with windows 2003 for the past week with
great success!

Got connected to the net via GPRS and my mobile without a hitch.

Heres the problem, will someone put me straight...... Is it possible to
connect to a web based email server (preferably free) from pocket outlook,
and be able to send and receive emails.........just using my pda and mobile?

Ta

More about : newbie

June 17, 2005 11:41:14 PM

Colin wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Have been using my Mitac Mio 168 with windows 2003 for the past week with
> great success!
>
> Got connected to the net via GPRS and my mobile without a hitch.
>
> Heres the problem, will someone put me straight...... Is it possible to
> connect to a web based email server (preferably free) from pocket outlook,
> and be able to send and receive emails.........just using my pda and mobile?

Yes I use gmail.com, they allow pop/smtp access which works on the
PocketPC Inbox application. You'd need to check that your mobile company
allows access to the full internet and not just web sites. Yahoo has a
wap site (wap.yahoo.com) that works on the PDA if you can only access
wap sites.

--
Marc
See http://www.imarc.co.uk/ for contact details.