Plasma 42" vs 50"

Last response: in Home Theatre
September 27, 2004 5:18:13 PM

Hi,

I'm just a consumer looking at different options.

Going to BB/CC I see that the prices of 1280x768
42" & 50" models are very very similar.

So my question is if you want true HDTV should you just go to 50" ?

Also Is there a big difference in viewing area?
Looking at the Units side by side I had a hard time seeing much
of a size difference.

I'm very interested in the Pioneer PDP- 503 CMX which
is available online in the $3500 range. You have to get a $200
video card but it seems a small charge. I know Pioneer
came out with a 504 CMX commercial model. The only difference
seems to be that the 504 has a additional card slot.

Does anyone know if pioneer is coming out with a new model?

Theo

More about : plasma

Anonymous
September 27, 2004 9:45:17 PM

May want to check their respective web sites for new products and their
features. Preference determined by mounting options and cost, IMHO: the 50"
may be the better deal.

!