Upgrade Windows 98

I wish to Upgrade my Windows 98 machine to Windows 2000 Professional.I
already have applications like MSOffice XP and Autocad 2000 installed on my
machine. If I upgrade , will I have to Re-Install all the applications or
will they work ok.

Thanks in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about upgrade windows
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    Save yourself some time and trouble, given that you'll more than likely end
    up with an unstable OS with all the remnants/ corruption left behind from
    the upgrade. Best to blow it all away and go for the clean install.

    To do a clean install, either boot the Windows 2000 CD-Rom or setup disks.
    The set of four install disks can be created from your Win2k CD-rom; change
    to the \bootdisk directory on the cd-rom and execute makeboot.exe (from dos)
    or makebt32.exe (from 32 bit) and follow the prompts.

    During Windows 2000 setup, at some point, will want to confirm the previous
    operating system for the upgrade; at that point you'll simply insert the
    qualified product install CD for it to verify. Then the install will
    proceed.

    Check the pc, mb or hardware manufacturer's web site for the latest bios and
    or Windows 2000 drivers for your devices.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Pravin Prabhu" wrote:
    |I wish to Upgrade my Windows 98 machine to Windows 2000 Professional.I
    | already have applications like MSOffice XP and Autocad 2000 installed on
    my
    | machine. If I upgrade , will I have to Re-Install all the applications or
    | will they work ok.
    |
    | Thanks in advance.

Windows 98 Windows 2000 Microsoft Windows