Windows ME / Windows 2000 Professional

Hi,

I've just 'upgraded' a PC from Windows ME to Windows 2000 Professional,
following the upgrade options on the 2000 Pro that will (allegedly) give me
the option to go back to Windows ME. Now that nothing works on the PC any
longer, I wish to return to Windows ME. But I can't find anything about how
to do this. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,
Keith

Windows ME came out before Windows 2000. That is why there is no supported
"upgrade" path between ME and Win 2k.

To go from Win ME to Win 2k requires a format and reinstall.

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

"Keith Wilcox" <Keith Wilcox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've just 'upgraded' a PC from Windows ME to Windows 2000 Professional,
> following the upgrade options on the 2000 Pro that will (allegedly) give
me
> the option to go back to Windows ME. Now that nothing works on the PC any
> longer, I wish to return to Windows ME. But I can't find anything about
how
> to do this. Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Keith

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;232039

***
Terrence Tan [MSFT]
Microsoft Enterprise Platforms Support

"What is it that binds us to this place as to no other? It is not the well
or the bell or the stone walls or the crisp October nights...No, our love
for this place is based upon the fact that it is as it was meant to be
The University of the People." (Charles Kuralt)

NOTE: Please reply to the newsgroup and not directly to me. This
posting is provided "AS IS" without warranty either expressed or
implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of
merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The views and
opinions expressed in this newsgroup posting are mine and do not
necessarily express or reflect the views and/or opinions of Microsoft.
<From: =?Utf-8?B?S2VpdGggV2lsY294?= <Keith Wilcox@discussions.microsoft.com>
<Subject: Windows ME / Windows 2000 Professional
<Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 08:07:03 -0800
<Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade