KB885250

After installing this patch, Windows won't let me save a document on a
shared network drive with a new file name. For some reason it won't let
me uninstall the patch. Where do I go from here?

Thanks,

Gar

Support:
"Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from
Microsoft Product Support Services at 1-866-PCSAFETY. There is no charge for
support calls that are associated with security updates."

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms05-011.mspx

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Gar Housler" wrote:
| After installing this patch, Windows won't let me save a document on a
| shared network drive with a new file name. For some reason it won't let
| me uninstall the patch. Where do I go from here?
|
| Thanks,
|
| Gar

Hi Gar,
I have the exact same problem. I uninstalled the kb885250
patch via Control Panel/Add-Remove Programs and that let
me get the "save as" fixed. I'm hoping you have since
found a more satisfactory solution?
-Frank DC