upgrade processor / motherboard

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

hello all,

I have a dell dimension xPS T600, and everything is fine, I would just
like to upgrae my Processor/motherboard to make things run a little faster.
Does anyone know of how I can find an article for this? and find a compatable
motherboard for my system?

thanks,

Brook
5 answers Last reply
More about upgrade processor motherboard
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    These articles may help.

    How to Move a Windows Installation to Different Hardware
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=249694

    HOW TO: Replace the Motherboard on a Computer That Is Running Windows
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=824125

    --
    Regards,

    Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Brook" wrote:
    | hello all,
    |
    | I have a dell dimension xPS T600, and everything is fine, I would just
    | like to upgrae my Processor/motherboard to make things run a little
    faster.
    | Does anyone know of how I can find an article for this? and find a
    compatable
    | motherboard for my system?
    |
    | thanks,
    |
    | Brook
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    Thank you for the information.

    Just a couple more questions: If I replace my processor, do I replace the
    motherboard as well?

    Is there a site that I can go to, to find a compatible processor for my
    system?

    Thanks again,

    Brook

    "Dave Patrick" wrote:

    > These articles may help.
    >
    > How to Move a Windows Installation to Different Hardware
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=249694
    >
    > HOW TO: Replace the Motherboard on a Computer That Is Running Windows
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=824125
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "Brook" wrote:
    > | hello all,
    > |
    > | I have a dell dimension xPS T600, and everything is fine, I would just
    > | like to upgrae my Processor/motherboard to make things run a little
    > faster.
    > | Does anyone know of how I can find an article for this? and find a
    > compatable
    > | motherboard for my system?
    > |
    > | thanks,
    > |
    > | Brook
    >
    >
    >
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    Check the mobo manufacturer's web site.

    --
    Regards,

    Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Brook" wrote:
    | Thank you for the information.
    |
    | Just a couple more questions: If I replace my processor, do I replace the
    | motherboard as well?
    |
    | Is there a site that I can go to, to find a compatible processor for my
    | system?
    |
    | Thanks again,
    |
    | Brook
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    How do I find the manufacturer of my motherboard?

    Brook

    "Dave Patrick" wrote:

    > Check the mobo manufacturer's web site.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "Brook" wrote:
    > | Thank you for the information.
    > |
    > | Just a couple more questions: If I replace my processor, do I replace the
    > | motherboard as well?
    > |
    > | Is there a site that I can go to, to find a compatible processor for my
    > | system?
    > |
    > | Thanks again,
    > |
    > | Brook
    >
    >
    >
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    You may need to pop the lid or check the pc manufacturer's web site.

    Or look for clues here.

    Start|Run|msinfo32.exe

    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/bginfo.shtml


    --
    Regards,

    Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Brook" wrote:
    | How do I find the manufacturer of my motherboard?
    |
    | Brook
Ask a new question

Read More

Processors Motherboards Windows