How do i get rid off write/read errors on my hdd ?
1. My bios is the last release : F4 ;
2. I did the firmware update for the Marvell Lan controller ;
3. I tried every posibile mode on the Sata yellow ICH8 Ports plus the other 2 purple ports , AHCI and IDE Mode , with or without LAN enabled , full format on HDD ;
4. Tried both XP SP2 & Vista clean install(yes i can install them with very little problems ) full format single NTFS partision & multi NTFS partisions - same errors (ex : Win Rar CRC errors , installer errors - all sorts of errors after install ;
5. No virus on hdd - full format several times no aplications installed except Winrar , LATEST DRIVERS for mobo , video & LAN (after install off mobo drivers blue scren at boot on Vista , XP = ok at boot) ;
6. Tested HDD - no bad sectors , works perfectly on other motherboard ;
7. Tested with duall sided & single sided mem sticks Geil DDR 800 and TwinMos 533 in Duall Chanell or Single Chanell mode - same errors
8.Tried with WD 250 GB & Seagate 200 GB Sata II NCQ - same errors
9.I reset BIOS & LOAD OPTIMIZED
10. I removed the motherboard from the pc case an ran the sistem on wood table
My sistem is - Core Duo E6300 1.86 Ghz , Gigabyte 965P-DS3P rev 2.0 mem Geil 2 x 1GB DDR2 6400 CL5 Galaxy 7600 GT 256 MB HDD WD250 GB SATA II 2500KS DVDRW 1608 P3S Power Source Enermax Liberty 400 W
More aboutgigabyte 965p ds3p read write problem
Try a new cable. Otherwise you might want to RMA that board.
Do you have the voltage of the CPU and memory correct? Do you have the FSB and memory ratio correct? I had to manually enter the correct values on my motherboard. Your system may not be fully stable until these values are correct.
i tried a diferent cable , i think ill RMA tis board
i tried every possible setting in BIOS - nothing works
Today i bought Corsair 2x 1 GB 6400 C4 Corsair and problem soved !
Now everything works ROCK SOLID @ OC CPU 3.2 GHZ 458 FSB