R/S/E and FR/LG

Between these games (and Colosseum), is it possible to get all pokemon?
I just read how you can get the GSC starters in Emerald (one of them, at
least), and it seems up til now you couldn't do that. I thought the
point of FR/LG was to allow access to all the old pokemon, but now I'm
wondering if there are some that just aren't in the GBA games.

Thanks.
27 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in news:k8adnSQ6pr5xus7fRVn-
    qQ@rcn.net:

    > Between these games (and Colosseum), is it possible to get all pokemon?
    > I just read how you can get the GSC starters in Emerald (one of them, at
    > least), and it seems up til now you couldn't do that. I thought the
    > point of FR/LG was to allow access to all the old pokemon, but now I'm
    > wondering if there are some that just aren't in the GBA games.

    No, at least it depends upon where you live.
    Mew and celebi aren't available to my knowledge so far,(Celebi was
    available in Japan as a bonus disk to coloseum?), and in the U.K. at least
    you can't get deoxys or Lugia as they both require tickets handed out at
    events in the U.S. but unavailable here. As is the ability to get both
    Latios and latias if you only have one of R or S.
    Jirachi is available only to people who have a copy of pokemon channel and
    have completed it, but you need to have gone through the elite four in R/S
    and can only get one per game pack.
    The fact that you can't get the pokemon available to at least some of the
    population over here probably leads to more cheating than any difficulty in
    the game and is very very bloody annoying.
    Ted
    --
    Evil is such a negative term........
    I prefer differently moraled.

    Weirdwolf <weirdwolf<gtcagtacatac>@hotmail wrote:
    > John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in news:k8adnSQ6pr5xus7fRVn-
    > qQ@rcn.net:
    >

    >>Between these games (and Colosseum), is it possible to get all pokemon?
    >>I just read how you can get the GSC starters in Emerald (one of them, at
    >>least), and it seems up til now you couldn't do that. I thought the
    >>point of FR/LG was to allow access to all the old pokemon, but now I'm
    >>wondering if there are some that just aren't in the GBA games.
    >>

    > No, at least it depends upon where you live.
    > Mew and celebi aren't available to my knowledge so far,(Celebi was
    > available in Japan as a bonus disk to coloseum?),

    Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of the 'regular' pokemon,
    not the very rare, hard-to-get ones. Mew is available in Emerald through
    a promotional ticket, as is Deoxys and Ho-oh. Jirachi is available
    through the Colosseum bonus disc.

    But mainly I was wondering about the pokemon from GSC, since those games
    haven't been remade to the GBA.

    Weirdwolf <weirdwolf<gtcagtacatac>@hotmail<gtacatac>.com> wrote in

    > John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in
    > news:k8adnSQ6pr5xus7fRVn- qQ@rcn.net:
    >
    >> Between these games (and Colosseum), is it possible to get all
    >> pokemon? I just read how you can get the GSC starters in Emerald (one
    >> of them, at least), and it seems up til now you couldn't do that. I
    >> thought the point of FR/LG was to allow access to all the old
    >> pokemon, but now I'm wondering if there are some that just aren't in
    >> the GBA games.
    >>
    > No,

    <snip thoughtful and insightful answer that it probably all wrong>
    But more importantly what's happened to your name??
    >;-Þ
    Ted

    --

    John Salerno wrote:

    > Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of the 'regular' pokemon,
    > not the very rare, hard-to-get ones. Mew is available in Emerald through
    > a promotional ticket, as is Deoxys and Ho-oh. Jirachi is available
    > through the Colosseum bonus disc.
    >
    > But mainly I was wondering about the pokemon from GSC, since those games
    > haven't been remade to the GBA.
    >
    > and in the U.K. at least

    Not counting the Legendaries, all of the pokemon from GSC are available
    in Colosseum or FGLR. You get all three GSC starters in Colosseum, and
    the rest are either in Colosseum, or on the various islands in FLRG.

    Brion K. Lienhart wrote:

    > in Colosseum or FGLR. You get all three GSC starters in Colosseum, and
    > the rest are either in Colosseum, or on the various islands in FLRG.

    Really? I didn't realize you could get the GSC starters in FR/LG. I know
    you can choose one in Emerald, though.

    John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in news:R4ednelQ5qPc-MnfRVn-
    qg@rcn.net:

    > Brion K. Lienhart wrote:
    >
    >> in Colosseum or FGLR. You get all three GSC starters in Colosseum, and
    >> the rest are either in Colosseum, or on the various islands in FLRG.
    >
    > Really? I didn't realize you could get the GSC starters in FR/LG. I know
    > you can choose one in Emerald, though.

    No you can transfer them when you finish the "story" mode from the
    colosseum game.
    Ted

    --
    Evil is such a negative term........
    I prefer differently moraled.
    \ /
    0 0
    °
    ~

    Weirdwolf <weirdwolf<gtcagtacatac>@hotmail wrote:
    > John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in news:R4ednelQ5qPc-MnfRVn-
    > qg@rcn.net:
    >

    >>Brion K. Lienhart wrote:
    >>

    >>>in Colosseum or FGLR. You get all three GSC starters in Colosseum, and
    >>>the rest are either in Colosseum, or on the various islands in FLRG.
    >>
    >>Really? I didn't realize you could get the GSC starters in FR/LG. I know
    >>you can choose one in Emerald, though.
    >>

    > No you can transfer them when you finish the "story" mode from the
    > colosseum game.
    > Ted

    Ah ha. Sometimes I forget about Colosseum, but I guess including it,
    then all pokemon are available after all.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    ya know you can just buy an action replay for like twenty bucks and put the
    codes for lugia,ho-oh,mew, and celebi. to get the codes for them go to
    codejunkies.com it will not work with a gameshark only an action replay
    thats how i got them and almost completed my national dex besides feebas
    and milotic i even tried using an action replay for them to and it dont
    work.

  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Jason Owens via GamesKB.com wrote:
    > ya know you can just buy an action replay for like twenty bucks and put the
    > codes for lugia,ho-oh,mew, and celebi. to get the codes for them go to
    > codejunkies.com it will not work with a gameshark only an action replay
    > thats how i got them and almost completed my national dex besides feebas
    > and milotic i even tried using an action replay for them to and it dont
    > work.

    I prefer not to use these methods.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "Jason Owens via GamesKB.com" <forum@GamesKB.com> wrote in message
    > ya know you can just buy an action replay for like twenty bucks and put
    > the
    > codes for lugia,ho-oh,mew, and celebi. to get the codes for them go to
    > codejunkies.com it will not work with a gameshark only an action replay
    > thats how i got them and almost completed my national dex besides feebas
    > and milotic i even tried using an action replay for them to and it dont
    > work.

    What's the point of playing then?
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    John Salerno wrote:
    > Jason Owens via GamesKB.com wrote:
    >
    >> ya know you can just buy an action replay for like twenty bucks and
    >> put the
    >> codes for lugia,ho-oh,mew, and celebi. to get the codes for them go to
    >> codejunkies.com it will not work with a gameshark only an action replay
    >> thats how i got them and almost completed my national dex besides feebas
    >> and milotic i even tried using an action replay for them to and it dont
    >> work.
    >>

    > I prefer not to use these methods.

    Besides the fact that you have a good chance of screwing up your game
    and/or turning your pokemon into "bad eggs".
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Brion K. Lienhart wrote:
    > John Salerno wrote:
    >
    >>Jason Owens via GamesKB.com wrote:
    >>

    >>>ya know you can just buy an action replay for like twenty bucks and
    >>>put the
    >>>codes for lugia,ho-oh,mew, and celebi. to get the codes for them go to
    >>>codejunkies.com it will not work with a gameshark only an action replay
    >>>thats how i got them and almost completed my national dex besides feebas
    >>>and milotic i even tried using an action replay for them to and it dont
    >>>work.
    >>>

    >>I prefer not to use these methods.
    >

    > Besides the fact that you have a good chance of screwing up your game
    > and/or turning your pokemon into "bad eggs".

    Yep. All I need to hear is that a gameshark can ruin your save, and I'm
    not interested. :)
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    In article <fca5e.8789$uw2.606@twister.nyroc.rr.com>,
    Raph <raphs@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >"Jason Owens via GamesKB.com" <forum@GamesKB.com> wrote in message
    >> ya know you can just buy an action replay for like twenty bucks and put
    >> the
    >> codes for lugia,ho-oh,mew, and celebi. to get the codes for them go to
    >> codejunkies.com it will not work with a gameshark only an action replay
    >> thats how i got them and almost completed my national dex besides feebas
    >> and milotic i even tried using an action replay for them to and it dont
    >> work.
    >
    >What's the point of playing then?

    I can understand cheating for legendaries (I've done that myself, in
    Silver, before there was a risk of screwing up the savefile), but
    I wouldn't cheat for Feebas. Feebas is just a whole lot of work.
    Deoxys is a matter of having attended the right event. Different
    things entirely.

    david@thornley.net | If you don't, flee.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    David Thornley wrote:

    > I can understand cheating for legendaries (I've done that myself, in
    > Silver, before there was a risk of screwing up the savefile), but
    > I wouldn't cheat for Feebas. Feebas is just a whole lot of work.
    > Deoxys is a matter of having attended the right event. Different
    > things entirely.

    The Legendaries are also a matter of attending the right events, or of
    trading with others. If it isn't possible to get a pokemon legally (such
    as Mew, until now), then why bother anyway?
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message

    > The Legendaries are also a matter of attending the right events, or of
    > trading with others. If it isn't possible to get a pokemon legally (such as
    > Mew, until now), then why bother anyway?

    If you're referring to the glitch, is it really legal? After all, you're
    changing the code by using the glitch just like a shark. All IMHO of course
    ^^

    --
    fluxxdog
    www.bellsouthpwp.net/f/l/fluxxdog

    John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in news:z6adnVxVBcpsAcXfRVn-
    gA@rcn.net:

    > David Thornley wrote:
    >
    >> I can understand cheating for legendaries (I've done that myself, in
    >> Silver, before there was a risk of screwing up the savefile), but
    >> I wouldn't cheat for Feebas. Feebas is just a whole lot of work.
    >> Deoxys is a matter of having attended the right event. Different
    >> things entirely.
    >
    > The Legendaries are also a matter of attending the right events, or of
    > trading with others. If it isn't possible to get a pokemon legally (such
    > as Mew, until now), then why bother anyway?

    Unfortunately it's not that easy in the u.k. to the best of my knowledge
    they haven't done any events for r/s or fr/lg. We are stuck with the choice
    of cheating and possibly screwing up the game or never knowing what it's
    like to fill our pokedexies pokedexses hem pokedexi? >;-)
    Ted

    --
    Evil is such a negative term........
    I prefer differently moraled.
    \ /
    0 0
    °
    ~
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    fluxxdog wrote:
    > "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>The Legendaries are also a matter of attending the right events, or of
    >>trading with others. If it isn't possible to get a pokemon legally (such as
    >>Mew, until now), then why bother anyway?
    >

    > If you're referring to the glitch, is it really legal? After all, you're
    > changing the code by using the glitch just like a shark. All IMHO of course
    > ^^

    No, you can get Mew legally in Emerald with a ticket from Nintendo events.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    > No, you can get Mew legally in Emerald with a ticket from Nintendo events.

    WTF!! Well damn, now I gotta get Emerald.

    --
    fluxxdog
    www.bellsouthpwp.net/f/l/fluxxdog
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    fluxxdog wrote:
    > "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
    >

    >>No, you can get Mew legally in Emerald with a ticket from Nintendo events.
    >

    > WTF!! Well damn, now I gotta get Emerald.

    http://www.serebii.net/emerald/worldsedgeisland.shtml
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
    > fluxxdog wrote:
    >> "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>The Legendaries are also a matter of attending the right events, or of
    >>>trading with others. If it isn't possible to get a pokemon legally (such
    >>>as Mew, until now), then why bother anyway?
    >>

    >> If you're referring to the glitch, is it really legal? After all, you're
    >> changing the code by using the glitch just like a shark. All IMHO of
    >> course ^^
    >>

    > No, you can get Mew legally in Emerald with a ticket from Nintendo events.

    Which again is useless if you can't get to one of maybe 3 events that will
    probably be hundreds if not thousands of miles away. This is such an idiotic
    thing for Nintendo to do without offering any way for the normal player to
    be able to legally obtain them.

    I have resigned myself to the fact that I will never have Mew, Celebi,
    Lugia, Deoxys...etc
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Raph wrote:
    > "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>fluxxdog wrote:
    >>
    >>>"John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message

    >>>If you're referring to the glitch, is it really legal? After all, you're
    >>>changing the code by using the glitch just like a shark. All IMHO of
    >>>course ^^
    >>>

    >>No, you can get Mew legally in Emerald with a ticket from Nintendo events.
    >

    > Which again is useless if you can't get to one of maybe 3 events that will
    > probably be hundreds if not thousands of miles away. This is such an idiotic
    > thing for Nintendo to do without offering any way for the normal player to
    > be able to legally obtain them.
    >
    > I have resigned myself to the fact that I will never have Mew, Celebi,
    > Lugia, Deoxys...etc

    I agree. It's nice that they're available in some form, but at least let
    us buy an e-ticket or something. Like the ticket for Latios/as.
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Chet Weaver - Probably Getting What I Paid For wrote:
    > John Salerno wrote:
    >

    >>Raph wrote:
    >>

    >>>"John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message

    >>>Which again is useless if you can't get to one of maybe 3 events that
    >>>will probably be hundreds if not thousands of miles away. This is such
    >>>an idiotic thing for Nintendo to do without offering any way for the
    >>>normal player to be able to legally obtain them.
    >>>
    >>>I have resigned myself to the fact that I will never have Mew, Celebi,
    >>>Lugia, Deoxys...etc
    >>>

    >>I agree. It's nice that they're available in some form, but at least let
    >>us buy an e-ticket or something. Like the ticket for Latios/as.
    >

    > You could always do it eBay. You could probably buy cartridges with
    > legendaries on them.

    True. Or if we trusted each other enough, we could set up some kind of
    trading pool. :)
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    > Chet Weaver - Probably Getting What I Paid For wrote:
    >> John Salerno wrote:

    >>>I agree. It's nice that they're available in some form, but at least let
    >>>us buy an e-ticket or something. Like the ticket for Latios/as.
    >>

    >> You could always do it eBay. You could probably buy cartridges with
    >> legendaries on them.
    >>

    > True. Or if we trusted each other enough, we could set up some kind of
    > trading pool. :)

    I was told by a rep at the Pokemon Store in NYC that Deoxys is only legal on
    the cart that downloaded I originally that if you trade it then the cart it
    is traded to is not eligible for competition at a Nintendo sponsored event.
    I don't know if this goes for all other Pokes obtained from events but it
    might..
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "Raph" <raphs@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > I was told by a rep at the Pokemon Store in NYC that Deoxys is only legal on
    > the cart that downloaded I originally that if you trade it then the cart it
    > is traded to is not eligible for competition at a Nintendo sponsored event.
    > I don't know if this goes for all other Pokes obtained from events but it
    > might..

    Saywha?! That's wrong in so many ways. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm
    saying they're wrong! Trading is part of the game!
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    fluxxdog wrote:
    > "Raph" <raphs@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >

    >>I was told by a rep at the Pokemon Store in NYC that Deoxys is only legal on
    >>the cart that downloaded I originally that if you trade it then the cart it
    >>is traded to is not eligible for competition at a Nintendo sponsored event.
    >>I don't know if this goes for all other Pokes obtained from events but it
    >>might..
    >

    > Saywha?! That's wrong in so many ways. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm
    > saying they're wrong! Trading is part of the game!

    Yeah really. I can't imagine that trading would be penalized this way.
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    > fluxxdog wrote:
    >> "Raph" <raphs@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>

    >>>I was told by a rep at the Pokemon Store in NYC that Deoxys is only legal
    >>>on the cart that downloaded I originally that if you trade it then the
    >>>cart it is traded to is not eligible for competition at a Nintendo
    >>>sponsored event. I don't know if this goes for all other Pokes obtained
    >>>from events but it might..
    >>

    >> Saywha?! That's wrong in so many ways. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm
    >> saying they're wrong! Trading is part of the game!
    >
    > Yeah really. I can't imagine that trading would be penalized this way.

    I agree..it is what I was told but to be honest I wasn't sure how informed
    the person giving me the info was. Granted she worked at the store ( Pokemon
    Store in NYC) but that really doesn't mean she has correct info.
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Raph wrote:
    > "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>fluxxdog wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Raph" <raphs@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >>>Saywha?! That's wrong in so many ways. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm
    >>>saying they're wrong! Trading is part of the game!
    >>
    >>Yeah really. I can't imagine that trading would be penalized this way.
    >

    > I agree..it is what I was told but to be honest I wasn't sure how informed
    > the person giving me the info was. Granted she worked at the store ( Pokemon
    > Store in NYC) but that really doesn't mean she has correct info.

    It sounds wrong to me. I wouldn't trust it, but maybe Nintendo can
    confirm/deny it.

LG Games Nintendo Video Games