Decent video card for Stalker released yesterday

DrussTheCrazy

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2007
im running it with dynamic lighting on my agp 6800gs at 12x9 perfectly but every once in a while when i leave indoors and go out doors it slows right down to about 20fps for a second then runs silky smooth so i dont see why a 7600gs wouldnt do it id overclock it a little tho ;)

coylter

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003
im running it with dynamic lighting on my agp 6800gs at 12x9 perfectly but every once in a while when i leave indoors and go out doors it slows right down to about 20fps for a second then runs silky smooth so i dont see why a 7600gs wouldnt do it id overclock it a little tho ;)

Dude i have 2x8800gtx and it runs like shit, low 30fps at some points when i put everything on max....even 20's.

Stop lying. Beside the game fucking sucks.

garu

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2004
Coylter - that is a driver issue most probably.

there are a lot of people on different boards discusing this game and from what i read it runs fine on old 6600gt with static lightning at medium res at 12/10.

and btw it is not a shit game just cause you think so. it is simply not a game everyone will like as any other game. Me and loads of other pppl quite enjoy it. I am not saying it is game of the year and there are some bugs but it is quite enjoyable and above average game.

Dr_asik

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2006
It seems dynamic lighting is unbearable for most video cards. As long as you run the game in static lighting, it should run very decently. On my X800XL, two things murder my framerate: textures higher than medium (reduce fps to 0.3 - yeah!) and dynamic lighting (cut fps by half).

coylter

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003
It seems dynamic lighting is unbearable for most video cards. As long as you run the game in static lighting, it should run very decently. On my X800XL, two things murder my framerate: textures higher than medium (reduce fps to 0.3 - yeah!) and dynamic lighting (cut fps by half).

oh and this crappy game that took 6 years to make isn't even wide screen compatible...

http://wsgfmedia.com/uploads/ctrlsteef/Stalker.jpg

DrussTheCrazy

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2007
to coylter--shut up and dont call other people liars unless you see em face to face in that case ill smash your teeth out the other side your head..

but anyway yeah most other settings are ramped down to medium and the rest of my system is decent enough to handle it it seems but yeah the transition from outdoors to indoors every once in a while give my system a heartattack lol i hate the fact that the missions are timed though :( always seem to fail them right in the middle of another one im gonna fail in like 2 minutes lol

lx_flier

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2006
I really love this game but i really hate it lol. Hate how when you die its like Game over, brings back childhood memory's and i wanna go psycho :x and the auto save sucks unless you do it yourself. I really like the open world though!

scradge

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2006
1 its not a shitty game, fine it wasnt what was compleatly promiced but its a fucking awsome game.

1. i can run it fine on 60 FPS on my system with everything but AA on full. it pauses when some of the npc's are loading but i can live with that.

the problem seems to be with some of the Nvidia cards (really weird seing as its optomised for nvidia) problems will no doubt be solved in an up coming patch.

7600gs shoulc run it but i would reccomend going a little higher if you can,
the game still looks good using the DX8 renderer.

ps alot of people complain about the game cos its too hard for them, thats probably the problem with these reprobates.

also, quick saveing tip. bring down the console (usual key) type save.

that way all you have to do is type the up key to retype it
it makes a hell of a difference

pauldh

Illustrious
Yeah it's hard with those power constraints. Too bad they didn't put better memory on the X1950GT, because at least there you'd have the 80nm benefit, but the X1900GT smokes the X1950GT because of much better memory.

The GF7900GS may be better for the power envelope, but noticeably slower, and also a bit more expensive usually.

petevsdrm

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2007
oh and this crappy game that took 6 years to make isn't even wide screen compatible...

http://wsgfmedia.com/uploads/ctrlsteef/Stalker.jpg

It runs fine on my 1920x1080 monitor?

And I have only 1 8800gtx and I can ramp up all the settings @60fps , I think you are running into SLI driver issues.

chadwixx

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2006
Would stay as far away from ati as possible if you have never used them. I had a 5 week old card go bad, and im on my 5th email trying to get an rma. They have poor customer service and poor quality products.

Hopefully the store i purchased it at can do something because ati wants nothing todo with warranting their products.