Removing NT4 BDC from windows 2000 AD

Been searching for a way to remove a Win NT 4 BDC from our AD domain. Have
taken the old server off the network and tried to delete the computer from
the server group but get a message that I can't do it "DSA object can not be
deleted". The BDC is can not be upgraded - ram, speed, DOS system partition,
small hard drive and been in service for the better part of 6 years. I have
searched the web and Microsoft web site for hours, days, weeks.
1 answer Last reply
More about removing windows 2000
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    A simple search of google produced this.....

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q216498/

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=216364
    --
    Scott Harding
    MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

    "Steve" <steve@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Been searching for a way to remove a Win NT 4 BDC from our AD domain.
    > Have taken the old server off the network and tried to delete the computer
    > from the server group but get a message that I can't do it "DSA object can
    > not be deleted". The BDC is can not be upgraded - ram, speed, DOS system
    > partition, small hard drive and been in service for the better part of 6
    > years. I have searched the web and Microsoft web site for hours, days,
    > weeks.

Windows 2000 Microsoft Windows