Service Pack 4 Setup Error: Access is denied

I am trying to upgrade a Windows 2000 Professional SP2 to SP4, at the end of
the upgrade, I got the error above and it rolled back to SP2.

Tried to deinstall Norton Antivirus and run the install under a different
Administrator account and got the same error. There is lots of space on the
disk as well.

What else can I do to by past the error above? Please help.

Thanks
Che
1 answer Last reply
More about service pack setup error access denied
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    Try installing from a safe mode boot logged on as local administrator.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Che" wrote:
    |I am trying to upgrade a Windows 2000 Professional SP2 to SP4, at the end
    of
    | the upgrade, I got the error above and it rolled back to SP2.
    |
    | Tried to deinstall Norton Antivirus and run the install under a different
    | Administrator account and got the same error. There is lots of space on
    the
    | disk as well.
    |
    | What else can I do to by past the error above? Please help.
    |
    | Thanks
    | Che

Microsoft Windows