Sign in with
Your question

!!!PINK!!!

Last response: in Systems
March 22, 2007 2:33:31 PM

I need pink acessories for my new project. The following is a list of what I need:

Pink Neons
Pink Cold Cthodes
Pink Lazer LED "Strips"
Pink EL Wire
Pink UV Cabling
Pink UV Fans (120mm)
Pink Acrylic
Pink UV Cable Sleeving
Pink UV PSU Sleeving

Please help me find this stuff.

More about : pink

March 22, 2007 2:37:42 PM

found pink sleeving, xPCgear.com
March 22, 2007 2:38:54 PM

Whoa, thanks. One down.
Related resources
March 22, 2007 2:43:27 PM

Much of that's going to be hard to find. But you can probably fake some of them by getting their white equivalents and covering them with pink transparent cellophane. It'd work fine for the lazer LED strips and cathode tubes (if you can find white ones) anyway. I dunno about fans, some of the ones that claim to be red are kinda pink, but that's the closest I've ever seen.
March 22, 2007 2:46:48 PM

What size sleeving for SATA? What size sleeving for PSU?
March 22, 2007 2:56:50 PM

Dewd I got some red cold cathodes from frozencpu.com and they were totally pink. I had to take them out immediately.
March 22, 2007 3:01:32 PM

How pink? And can you link me?
March 22, 2007 3:22:51 PM

Quote:
How pink? And can you link me?

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/2991/lit-22/12_Cold_C...

I got 2 and they were not red at all. Seriously the first time I turned them on I just turned it right back off and took them out. It was more of a washed out red though, not really pink like a starburst.

EDIT : much cheaper at xoxide though (previous post)
March 22, 2007 3:23:59 PM

Hmmm... I need a deep pink. Or any pink for that matter. How about pink Lazer LEDs?
March 23, 2007 2:51:03 AM

Bump
March 23, 2007 3:25:56 AM

Found some el wire on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/5-feet-portable-El-wire-glow-wire-c...

I also found pink led lazer's for motorcycles lol
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PINK-LED-LAZER-5-LED-LIG...

Pink 12" Cold Cathode Fluorescent Light
http://www.mbelectronics.com/view.aspx?id=261&name=12%2...
-Scroll down

Pink Uv Spray
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_p...

Pink Fan
http://www.gogocity.com/product_details.asp?dept_id=400...

Only fan that i found in pink was the one above, i would suggest you try to make your own or something they seem pretty rare. Anyways hope this helped
a b B Homebuilt system
March 23, 2007 4:11:14 AM

can i ask what you are doing?

go green its easier to find :p 

Extra Stuff(sure hope its a computer)
pink mouse

WOW pink stuff is hard to find....
March 23, 2007 5:07:10 AM

Maybe see if you can pick up some stuff from Barbie as I think her and Ken are divorced now. :D  Maybe her old computer would fit the bill - she's probably in the market for a laptop now. You may get a deal on her pink corvette or the motorhome as well.
I hope this is for your daughter, and not just a hooker - but if it is for the hooker, she'll probably want more than just one hard drive (something to keep in mind :lol:  )
March 23, 2007 5:39:35 AM

Get a fizz can of paint and spray your windowed side panel? (I hate lights in my pc....) (Oh, yeah... I hate side panels even more)

Croc, the local curmudgeon.
March 23, 2007 6:23:45 AM

Quote:
Get a fizz can of paint and spray your windowed side panel? (I hate lights in my pc....) (Oh, yeah... I hate side panels even more)

Croc, the local curmudgeon.

Then why would you post here...If you don't like the topic and what its for don't post...Simple as that.
March 23, 2007 6:32:24 AM

prolly for his gf/wife/sister/don't know who else to add, oh wait, his gay lover (just kidding) :lol: 

I got two thermaltake "red" ide sleaved cables and they were like bright pink. The ones in the window were red and when i opened the packet at home...I gave them to my roomy and all the girls think he's gay now (very funny coz his side panel is missing).
March 23, 2007 6:32:33 AM

I think it was Tiger Direct that had a pink case for sale. Surf around a bit. Oh and so you know, red UV reactive cabling is often pink rather than red. People looking for red get mad because it glows pink. I see now that the guy before me posted that. Oh well. Now you know it's true!
March 23, 2007 6:37:22 AM

You're right.

But I didn't post 'here' I looked at a topic entitled !!!pink!!!. I replied to that topic, and suggested a very viable alternative.

Outside of trying to flame some one, what did you do of a constructive nature?

So bugger off.
March 23, 2007 9:45:42 AM

pink tool kit I know it's in aus but it's the thought that counts right?
pink pc kit (mouse and stuff)
Another mouse
If it was car sound you could have used This but it's not, so it's ok.
Pink case
Network cable
some pink stuff once again, I know it's aus...

I'll stop now before someone thinks I'm bloody gay. Nothing a google search can't do. I didn't find any UV stuff or fans like in the list that's not already there so this be my little contribution.

Still wana know who it's for...
March 23, 2007 10:06:14 AM

Actually this stuff is for my CM Stacker 832. Black and pink is the $hit! Black case with pink UV sleeving so all the wires (that you can see) will be UV pink, some pink cathodes, whole bunch of stuff.
March 23, 2007 10:07:05 AM

Quote:
You're right.

But I didn't post 'here' I looked at a topic entitled !!!pink!!!. I replied to that topic, and suggested a very viable alternative.

Outside of trying to flame some one, what did you do of a constructive nature?

So bugger off.

I think I said this
Quote:
Buy 2 or 3 Sunbeam Chamelion Laser LEDS you can change it to whatever color you want...http://www.xoxide.com/sunbeam-chameleon-light-controlle...

Get some clear cathodes if possible (if you can't find the pink ones) then put a light layer of some pink UV on the cathodes....

From two posts up from your depicting statements. God man don't you read? I do case mods as a "Professional" and I've been working with proof for the past couple of days from the other 2 posts about his case mods.
You can find those posts here http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/PSP-Screen-Case...
and here http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/Mod-Case-ftopic...
March 23, 2007 10:09:17 AM

ok, I'll look for some more relevant stuff later when I have some time again...
March 23, 2007 11:49:19 AM

Man you guys are dedicated, some of this pink stuff is pretty obscure. Good job though.

So let me get this right, this is NOT for your GF it's for you...well, at least if you go to a LAN party you can be absolutely sure no one else will have your color scheme. 8) :lol: 

Good luck w/ your rig :wink:
March 23, 2007 1:31:23 PM

Hahaha! Okay, thanks to you guys I have the following:

Pink LEDs
Pink UV Paint
Pink UV Cable Sleeving
Pink UV Cold Cathode Lights

The LEDs will be used to:
Replace the keyboard LEDs.
Replace the red in my mouse.
Replace the status lights on my case.

The Pink UV Paint will be used to:
Paint the HDDs.
Paint the mesh on my Stacker 832.
Paint the support beams etc. inside the case.

The pink UV Cold Cathodes will be used to:
Make the UV reactive materials glow and add some extra light.
a b B Homebuilt system
March 23, 2007 2:42:02 PM

but but GREEN!!!! back and GREEN...since blue is sooo over done :p 

Might as well post a picture when done....could be interesting...
March 23, 2007 2:44:11 PM

Green is overdone too. I want something original.
March 23, 2007 2:48:13 PM

Yeah, unfortunately my case is the classic black and blue. :(  But it has blue front strip lights and a blue temperature gauge, so unless I put serious time into changing that I'm stuck with blue unless I get a new case. Which I was considering, but it's an Aspire Discovery-X- not cheap, and pretty decent looking, although the airflow leaves some to be desired but it's not bad. Especially since I have a 120mm in the unused drive bays beneath the DVD.

I put in some UV to help a bit, but was considering manning up and switching everything from blue to yellow. Yellow isn't that hard to get ahold of, and it's uncommon... but I don't relish the thought of having to switch the strip light LEDs. They're actually glued in there. Still, sometime when I'm bored I can start up my old 3700+ again and work on this case.

What do you guys think of black and yellow?
March 23, 2007 3:08:46 PM

I went silver/red with mine, that's not a combo I have seen a lot of. I even got a red LCD display for one of my front drive bays(I hope someone gets LCDC working with vista!). It still needs a little work though, like I said I had to take those red cold cathodes out cuz they were so crappy. I am thinking a red LED bar may be a good replacement. Has anyone used one of those LED bars? How bright and good are the colors if so?
March 23, 2007 3:19:22 PM

The red Lazer LED bars are amazingly bright.
March 23, 2007 3:23:23 PM

Let me know how this turns out for you Proof. I've been tossing around the idea of doing a purple and black case since purple is my favorite color. Post some pics when you get it all fixed up too. Pretty please. :-D
March 23, 2007 3:34:52 PM

HAHAHAHA! I will definately post some pics when I get everything together. Notice the 2 Cheetahs in my sig? OH YEAH! 8) 8) 8)
March 23, 2007 6:19:15 PM

Anyone here have or have had UV Cold Cathodes? If so, what are the pinkest ones?
March 23, 2007 8:22:10 PM

I have black green and purple. Purple UV Led's to illuminate green UV reactive cabling. I've modded my PSU some to fit my case better, but it's still a tangled mess in need of a lot more work. The computer works though, and it's small and light and powerful so I don't mind the mess too bad, it's already going outdated. I wanted a red/orange combo in a black case to represent fire a bit more...but since real red can be hard to find I went with green/purple instead.
March 23, 2007 8:53:41 PM

Quote:
I have black green and purple. Purple UV Led's to illuminate green UV reactive cabling. I've modded my PSU some to fit my case better, but it's still a tangled mess in need of a lot more work. The computer works though, and it's small and light and powerful so I don't mind the mess too bad, it's already going outdated. I wanted a red/orange combo in a black case to represent fire a bit more...but since real red can be hard to find I went with green/purple instead.

Ummm... okay?
March 24, 2007 2:40:13 PM

My point is that if you start caring too much about looks, you start wasting money on a soon to be POS. It's like rice burners...you know, tuner imports. Sure they're fun but within two years they're worth about 1/3rd of what you paid for it and a decent return on customizations isn't likely. What I was saying too was that if you DO mod, you might want to consider orange as well. After awhile I think some people just say "F" it and don't care about how they're PC looks. I did on that system anyway.
March 26, 2007 4:52:29 AM

Can't wait to see how it looks. post pics a soon as you can...
March 26, 2007 5:49:19 AM

Quote:

I'm thinking cheetah stripes.

Quote:
It's like rice burners...you know, tuner imports. Sure they're fun but within two years they're worth about 1/3rd of what you paid for it and a decent return on customizations isn't likely.

And that you can't sell it since no-one wants to drive a cop-magnet with 1/2" ground clearance and an exhaust big enough to smuggle immigrants in.

Quote:
What I was saying too was that if you DO mod, you might want to consider orange as well.

That would look sweet, a nice deep orange and black.
March 26, 2007 8:10:07 AM

Quote:

I'm thinking cheetah stripes.

Quote:
It's like rice burners...you know, tuner imports. Sure they're fun but within two years they're worth about 1/3rd of what you paid for it and a decent return on customizations isn't likely.

And that you can't sell it since no-one wants to drive a cop-magnet with 1/2" ground clearance and an exhaust big enough to smuggle immigrants in.

Quote:
What I was saying too was that if you DO mod, you might want to consider orange as well.

That would look sweet, a nice deep orange and black.
Yeah, orange is a little more guyish than pink but they're nearly the same. I really think that adding red would give it a red-orange glow and really spice it up. Paint flames on it or something. :-P As for rice burners, I know. They're up for sale all the time...it's like those clueless kids suddenly got kicked out of their parent's basement and had to afford to LIVE. :-P
March 26, 2007 11:05:07 AM

I am painting my Chetahs black and pink cheetah spots.
March 26, 2007 11:07:15 AM

Quote:
This power supply is supposed to be red but looks kinda pink to me. :?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

The users say it's a shiny cranberry red...I think the camera that took the pictures wasn't able to distinguish the color due to the reflective coating. Picked up too much light.
March 26, 2007 11:12:16 AM

I already got my PSU and parts. Any lighting would be great for future reference though.

I just aquired six 10k 72GB SCA SCSI drives. I am looking to RAID them and I would like to know if anyone had any suggestions for a RAID conmtroller. My budget is around $170-$190. I want full hardware RAID and 64bit compatible.
!