please help, hdd problem? ram? corrupt files? please help!!

ncderek

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2007
not sure where to put this, but...

hey guys, i have a crazy problem, that i will explain as best as possible, and i have no idea how to solve it or make sure of it, if i could get some help, that would be great!

i bought my computer 9 weeks ago, ab9 pro mobo, 190gt, core 2 duo e6300, 2 gigs of corsair ddr2 ram, and a nice wd 160g sata caviar hd.

after 7 weeks, my harddrive said it was corrupted on startup, i think it was bc of a firewall reg problem. it went to the desk top and said the registry was corrupted, and i restarted and after that i couldnt even get to my desktop. so i reformated, which wasnt easy. every time i would get a session 3 initialization error on it, and sometimes id get past that and would start reformating, but it would stop with an error like cannoy find value "" on line ___ (different stuff each time) and id have to restart. and i went thru this like 20 times. so i try my hdd on anothere computer and it works fine, installs windows. so i try someones cd drive and windows cd on mine, same problems. i try knoppix, a program that needs everything but a hdd, and it gets stuck on a sbp2 error, which is the pci bus code. so i RMA'd my motherboard, and bought a new power supply. i put it all together 2 days ago...

and i try to reformat, and same error. session 3 initialization failed, and sometimes the cant find value ___ on line____ stuff like that. so i take out a gig of ram, since i have 2 gigs, and it works, i install windows, do the windows updates, etc. get all i want on it. i restart, for some updates the next night, and it launches chkdsk on start up, and deletes hundreds of corrupt files, windows is slow, lots of stuff is missing, so i reformat, which of course involved me trying to isntall windows 30 times or so, each time getting errors, even with just 1 stick of ram instead of 2. after like 50 tries it finally installs windows, i do the updates, and drivers, and programs, everything works great, but then it says some file for aim is corrupt, i think nothing of it. i try to defrag and it says chkdsk is scheduled for c, cannot defrag. so i go to command and type chkdsk and it finds lots of errors, and does it on start up, and finds more. i dont know if something is bad in my bios, or what the problem is. i dont know how my hdd could already be broken. and it cant be any of my other parts. i tried memtest too, didnt get any errors. oh and also i install windows with one gig of ram, but after that i stick in the other and its good to go, detects both gigs.

can anyone pleaaaaaaaaaaaase help me, i have no idea what to do, and ive been working on this thing for weeks now. please help!!

djmerlin

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2007
Hi in all this, (and it wasnt explained particularly accurately) have you actually changed the HDD? That is probably the problem, just because it installed on another PC doesnt mean it is OK.

Rule 1 in IT, never confirm anything, "probably, likely", and "should do" are your friends!

M

ncderek

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2007
no, it was never installed on another computer, i mean i began installing windows on it just to make sure the hdd wasnt borken and it worked, but the cmos was reset and the partician was deleted.

another persons cd drive and windows cd was tried, still had the same problems

nothing was ever overclocked

the psu i just bought yesterday, the corsair 520 watt, i doubt its that

the mobo is brand new, as i returned the other one

ncderek

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2007
when using a data lifeguard tool utility to detect hdd, it says my wd 160 hdd is in primary ide channel. shouldnt it be sata, is this the big problem??