cant see my desktop

After update my system(win2003),it restart,and then I cant see my desktop.
I use ctrl+alt+delete to get the manager to run the explorer,but it happened
nothing.and it only can run few programes as the same way.
who can help me。
1 answer Last reply
More about cant desktop
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    taie wrote:
    > After update my system(win2003),it restart,and then I cant see my desktop.
    > I use ctrl+alt+delete to get the manager to run the explorer,but it happened
    > nothing.and it only can run few programes as the same way.
    > who can help me。
    Have a look and see if you have a copy of shdocvw.dll in your system
    folder. If you have delete it and reboot.

    If that does not work try deleting the copy in system32 :) and rebooting.

    Finally try doing an uninstall and reinstall of internet explorer.

    If that does not work you will be in the same boat as me, I am having
    the same problems with windows 2k reinstall. There are about 1/2 a
    dozen articles on the MS site describing the problem, but none have
    cured it for me.

    Matt

Desktops Microsoft Explorer Windows