cant see my desktop

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
July 20, 2005 6:55:03 AM

After update my system(win2003),it restart,and then I cant see my desktop.
I use ctrl+alt+delete to get the manager to run the explorer,but it happened
nothing.and it only can run few programes as the same way.
who can help me。

More about : desktop

August 9, 2005 10:03:27 PM

taie wrote:
> After update my system(win2003),it restart,and then I cant see my desktop.
> I use ctrl+alt+delete to get the manager to run the explorer,but it happened
> nothing.and it only can run few programes as the same way.
> who can help me。
Have a look and see if you have a copy of shdocvw.dll in your system
folder. If you have delete it and reboot.

If that does not work try deleting the copy in system32 :)  and rebooting.

Finally try doing an uninstall and reinstall of internet explorer.

If that does not work you will be in the same boat as me, I am having
the same problems with windows 2k reinstall. There are about 1/2 a
dozen articles on the MS site describing the problem, but none have
cured it for me.

Matt
!