Mounting Speakers on Plasma TV

I have a 50-inch Panasonic plasma monitor and a 5.1 surround sound system.
I would like to attach the three front speakers to the plasma monitor. The
speakers were not specially designed to attach to the sides of the plasma.
The reason I wish to attach the speakers, by the way, is that the TV hangs
off the ceiling and swivels. I would like the speakers to swivel along with
the TV.

What are my mounting options?

--
Roger L. Cauvin
nospam_roger@cauvin.org (omit the "nospam_" part)

    Why don't I ever think of anything cool like that?
    Sorry for the non-answer response.

    "Roger L. Cauvin" <roger@deadspam.com> wrote in

    > I have a 50-inch Panasonic plasma monitor and a 5.1 surround sound
    > system. I would like to attach the three front speakers to the plasma
    > monitor. The speakers were not specially designed to attach to the
    > sides of the plasma. The reason I wish to attach the speakers, by the
    > way, is that the TV hangs off the ceiling and swivels. I would like
    > the speakers to swivel along with the TV.
    >
    > What are my mounting options?

    You might consider velcro, if they're small enough (as most 5.1 system
    speakers are but not my old trusty Paradigms that I have in the front).

    --
    Dave Oldridge+
    ICQ 1800667

    "Dave Oldridge" <doldridg@leavethisoutshaw.ca> wrote in message
    > "Roger L. Cauvin" <roger@deadspam.com> wrote in
    > You might consider velcro, if they're small enough (as most 5.1 system
    > speakers are but not my old trusty Paradigms that I have in the front).

    Lately they are making some really crazy velcro that could easily hold a
    full size man off the ground. I have seen it used on TV carts to keep TVs
    from falling off the roll around carts. It is like hundreds of tiny plastic
    mushrooms, both sides are the same. Crazy stuff.

    --Dan

    "dg" <dan_gus@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > "Dave Oldridge" <doldridg@leavethisoutshaw.ca> wrote in message
    > > "Roger L. Cauvin" <roger@deadspam.com> wrote in
    > > You might consider velcro, if they're small enough (as
    > > most 5.1 system speakers are but not my old trusty
    > > Paradigms that I have in the front).
    >
    > Lately they are making some really crazy velcro that could
    > easily hold a full size man off the ground. I have seen it
    > used on TV carts to keep TVs from falling off the roll
    > around carts. It is like hundreds of tiny plastic mushrooms,
    > both sides are the same. Crazy stuff.

    Do you know where I can get this "crazy" velcro?

    Another option, I would think, would be something resembling an ordinary
    wall mount. My TV has some screw holes scattered throughout the back, and
    each of the two front speakers (not center channel) has a single screw hole.
    An ordinary wall mount might work except that they face the wrong way (one
    end faces the wall, the other end faces the speaker).

    --
    Roger L. Cauvin
    nospam_roger@cauvin.org (omit the "nospam_" part)
    Cauvin, Inc.
    http://www.cauvin-inc.com

    >> > Paradigms that I have in the front).
    >>
    >> Lately they are making some really crazy velcro that could
    >> easily hold a full size man off the ground. I have seen it
    >> used on TV carts to keep TVs from falling off the roll
    >> around carts. It is like hundreds of tiny plastic mushrooms,
    >> both sides are the same. Crazy stuff.
    >
    >Do you know where I can get this "crazy" velcro?
    >
    >Another option, I would think, would be something resembling an ordinary
    >wall mount. My TV has some screw holes scattered throughout the back, and
    >each of the two front speakers (not center channel) has a single screw hole.
    >An ordinary wall mount might work except that they face the wrong way (one
    >end faces the wall, the other end faces the speaker).
    >
    >--
    >Roger L. Cauvin
    >nospam_roger@cauvin.org (omit the "nospam_" part)
    >Cauvin, Inc.
    >http://www.cauvin-inc.com

    Good that you mentioned Paradigm since it made me remember that the Paradigm
    Atoms can be mounted on the wall with a little bracket that you can buy from
    Paradigm. A truly amazing speaker for only $185.

    Nick

    I believe I have seen it at my local "Staples" store. It will no doubt be
    referred to as "industrial" or something similar, and like I said, its not
    like regular velcro which uses a "hook and loop" method but rather uses
    hundreds of little plastic mushroom shaped things that interlock with the
    other side. I am absolutely serious about being able to hold up a full
    sized man. To take two pieces apart you have to peel up one side and work
    your way towards the other, letting the little mushrooms pop apart while you
    are separating the two pieces.

    The adhesive could possibly be the weakest link, because the velcro isn't
    coming apart unless you are trying to do it.

    They do market some regular velcro as "industrial" but you need to make sure
    it is the mushroom style.

    --Dan

    "Roger L. Cauvin" <roger@deadspam.com> wrote in message
    > Do you know where I can get this "crazy" velcro?
    >
    > Another option, I would think, would be something resembling an ordinary
    > wall mount. My TV has some screw holes scattered throughout the back, and
    > each of the two front speakers (not center channel) has a single screw
    hole.
    > An ordinary wall mount might work except that they face the wrong way (one
    > end faces the wall, the other end faces the speaker).
    >
    > --
    > Roger L. Cauvin
    > nospam_roger@cauvin.org (omit the "nospam_" part)
    > Cauvin, Inc.
    > http://www.cauvin-inc.com

    I just browsed the velcro site, this looks like the stuff, however the stuff
    I have seen in person is black:

    http://www.velcro.com/industrial/selfengage.htm

    I suppose you just need to look for "self engaging" type.

    --Dan

    "Roger L. Cauvin" <roger@deadspam.com> wrote in message
    > Do you know where I can get this "crazy" velcro?

HDTV TV Speakers Monitors Home Theatre