When I try to clear the "forms" option of the AutoComplete, the computer
freezes up and the programs says Not Responding. I have 2 users on this
computer, and it only happens on the main one. The other user can clear it
fine. Any thoughts??

gabbygrrl <gabbygrrl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When I try to clear the "forms" option of the AutoComplete, the computer
>freezes up and the programs says Not Responding. I have 2 users on this
>computer, and it only happens on the main one. The other user can clear it
>fine. Any thoughts??

Create a new user profile and copy over the account in which the
problem occurs. Retry from the new profile. If this works, use the new
account in future.
If no, post to

--
(tm)

Additional link: "How to Copy User Data to a New User Profile"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151).

--
(tm)

gabbygrrl wrote:

> When I try to clear the "forms" option of the AutoComplete, the computer
> freezes up and the programs says Not Responding. [...] Any thoughts??

Try to clear it manually. To do so you must first go to the registry key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider
and change permissions to that key - by default only System may access
that key. If you give yourself access rights you should see sub keys
like \S-1-5-21-823518204-287218729-725345543-1004\Data. When you already
see that sub keys now you can delete the key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider\long_number_user_SID\Data\e161255a-37c3-11d2-bcaa-00c04fd929db
That will clear usernames and passwords. If you want to clear all
autocomplete form you must run recovery console and delete folders
%userprofile%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files and
%userprofile%\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\ . IE cannot clear forms
probably because ~\History\History.IE5\index.dat file is damaged. That
file cannot be deleted when system works so the best way is to use
recovery console or Delete Doctor http://www.theabsolute.net/sware/#deletedr

--
Regards
Arkadiusz 'Black Fox' Artyszuk