SP4 Update Rollup 1 fails, 828741 fails

after running a recent MBSA of a Win2k Server that's running Exchange
2000 on it, MBSA complained of an uninstalled patch, and an
uninstalled rollup.

So, try to install the SP4 update rollup first;
"The file comuid.dll is missing from the Update Rollup 1 installation.
The file must be present for Update Rollup 1 Setup to continue. Press
OK to cancel setup."

fine.

let's try the other Security patch.

"error. file is corrupt."

fine.

I've downloaded, re-downloaded, stood on my head, nothing works.

You probably don't want it right now anyway. Wait for the re-issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891861

For the other issue try asking them here.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&cat=en_US_56d1dd45-de9e-4fc5-9bc1-2d1d0de6daee&lang=en&cr=US

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional